LAX Action for March 1-3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for March 1-3

0-4, Rutgers level ineptness
Join the club, fellow Scarlet Knight. I lost Colgate, Princeton, was feeling good about SU with 10 minutes left, and was feeling good about Cornell's 16-11 lead over Albany. Then Cornell gave up 5 straight. Final: Cornell 17-16. They almost pulled a Syracuse.

3-1 last week, 11-3 overall

Cornell -2
Colgate PK
Princeton +1

SU -1

Given the number of 1 goal games SU and UVa have played, this spread has push written all over it.
0-4.

11-7 overall.

strange game for Cornell.. couldnt win Faceoffs. got no XM tries. spent most of the first half killing off 1min penalties and still was up 16-11 and in complete control.. then the Albany goalie makes multiple pt blank saves, cornell couldnt get the ball most of the 4th and goes 13 min without scoring and then makes a stop and scores with under 30 secs to go to win.

really dominated the game but the ball possession just gave Albany so many tries and the Cornell goalie really struggled with some pretty simple saves.

teat with 5 pts while being shut off all game.

not sure if Cornell X-Man is coming back soon, but they need to get that figured out with PSU/Towson/Yale coming up all on the road.

strange game for Cornell.. couldnt win Faceoffs. got no XM tries. spent most of the first half killing off 1min penalties and still was up 16-11 and in complete control.. then the Albany goalie makes multiple pt blank saves, cornell couldnt get the ball most of the 4th and goes 13 min without scoring and then makes a stop and scores with under 30 secs to go to win.

really dominated the game but the ball possession just gave Albany so many tries and the Cornell goalie really struggled with some pretty simple saves.

teat with 5 pts while being shut off all game.

not sure if Cornell X-Man is coming back soon, but they need to get that figured out with PSU/Towson/Yale coming up all on the road.

Particularly interesting to me considering Nanticoke didn't play. Clearly Cornell's offense appears top notch but that defense needs some work.

Watching the MD/ND game and the "dive" rule strikes again. Agree with Carc it shouldn't be a penalty on the offense.

You cant win 20% of faceoffs on top of getting every penalty and zero on Albany or any good team and hold them for ever. Albany really struggled for large chunks and it was 16-11 mid 4th. it was 19-13 mid 4th on hobart when they started subbing too.

I dont holding those teams to 10-12 goals late into the game is bad D. Clearly they are getting warn down because so many goals are being scored late in the 4th on the D. but they also shut all 3 teams down for long stretches to get the lead.

but if they cant win face offs it wont matter what the offense does. Yale might win 95%, Irlan did last time they played. I also wonder about the goalie he has not played well , many of the albany goals were pretty soft.

9-5 Overall

Hopkins -1
Cornell -2
Lafayette +6.5

(Edit on 3/1/19: Syracuse -1)
(Army didn't strike me as a team that wins by 7 too easily.)

1-3 This week and 10-8 overall. Pretty shocked Albany got within 1 of Cornell without Tehoka. Come on Lafayette even Marist got within 7 of Army!

ND with the win! After a rocky start the ACC is looking pretty good in the ever present ACC v Big 10 battle. Good for arguments against complainers come tournament time and good for us when we beat these teams for more quality wins. Gotta go at least 1-1 when we go up against the big 10.

That was some of the worst team defense I've seen played by Maryland in quite awhile.
That game was hard to watch on TV essentially being on field level but at least it was exciting.

I feel your pain.

Lol, thanks Jeremy.

Vegas already seems to have lines down pretty good.

Can understand all except one , how can anyone figure UA scoring 16 vs Cornell with Naniocoke being sat ? Makes me wonder if Albany is a better team without his ball stopping ways

1-3 on the weekend and 9-6 on the season. I need a new magic 8 ball.

2-2 (why would I ever pick State Pen in anything ?)

9-6 on the yr. (missed week 1).

Last edited:
Lol, thanks Jeremy.

Vegas already seems to have lines down pretty good.

Can understand all except one , how can anyone figure UA scoring 16 vs Cornell with Naniocoke being sat ? Makes me wonder if Albany is a better team without his ball stopping ways

They are because the ball just dies in his stick. I'd put him around the crease to limit that.

Last edited:
1-3 on the week. Thankfully OSU put in an empty netter with a couple minutes to go to beat the spread So 11-7.
Going 1-3 or even better 0-4, reminds one why they shouldn't bet on sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom