LAX Action for March 23-24 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for March 23-24

10-8 UVA, they cant win a faceoff but the Hoos depth on O is wearing them down, to many weapons

I so want that UVa game back. It's going to come back to bite us, I'm afraid.

12-9 UVA after 3 UVA scored 6 goals in the third. Hopkins had a great look at the buzzer but hit Rode in the chest.

I so want that UVa game back. It's going to come back to bite us, I'm afraid.

If we dont make the tourney (not saying we wont) that's the game we will all look back on and shake our heads. This team at 5-1 with 5 top 20 wins would be a in great spot

Going to need to win one of the next two for both tourneys. Really want to avoid that 4/5 game.

14-9 UVA despite a few more pt blank Darby saves. JHUs offense is not good outside of Epstein and Marr wide open

UVa wins but tried like hell to let Hopkins back in it the last six minutes. Have to wonder if the Petro era is nearing an end, they were outclassed by UVA talent wise almost everywhere

UVa wins but tried like hell to let Hopkins back in it the last six minutes. Have to wonder if the Petro era is nearing an end, they were outclassed by UVA talent wise almost everywhere

I wonder about that myself. Barring some sort of big turnaround in Big Ten play, Hopkins looks likely to miss the NCAAs, and if they do, would that be it for Pietramala.

I wonder about that myself. Barring some sort of big turnaround in Big Ten play, Hopkins looks likely to miss the NCAAs, and if they do, would that be it for Pietramala.

Epstein is the real deal and Zinn has pain in the ass written all over him once he gets acclimated to D1 but outside of those two and Foley wheres the Hopkins edge/talent? Cole Williams looks like a shell of himself without Stanwick and Tinney to draw attention and that 1st midfield is the worst I have ever seen at Hopkins. Desimone has 2 goals the entire season, 2!!! That is insane. I know Hopkins plays a pretty loaded schedule like we do but how in the world is he still starting.

I know Hopkins classes are usually ranked pretty high but I just dont see the talent they used to have and their depth is non existent. Next year they lose Foley, their only real shooter in Marr, Jones, and Kuhn.

As a Syracuse fan we haven't been exactly lighting it up in the tourney the last few years but Hopkins has fallen off a cliff. That Administration has a big decision on its hands because if they wait to long they could hit Princeton territory especially with Penn State finally putting it together and Brecht having Rutgers inching closer, Hopkins could get lost in the shuffle.

Epstein is the real deal and Zinn has pain in the ass written all over him once he gets acclimated to D1 but outside of those two and Foley wheres the Hopkins edge/talent? Cole Williams looks like a shell of himself without Stanwick and Tinney to draw attention and that 1st midfield is the worst I have ever seen at Hopkins. Desimone has 2 goals the entire season, 2!!! That is insane. I know Hopkins plays a pretty loaded schedule like we do but how in the world is he still starting.

I know Hopkins classes are usually ranked pretty high but I just dont see the talent they used to have and their depth is non existent. Next year they lose Foley, their only real shooter in Marr, Jones, and Kuhn.

As a Syracuse fan we haven't been exactly lighting it up in the tourney the last few years but Hopkins has fallen off a cliff. That Administration has a big decision on its hands because if they wait to long they could hit Princeton territory especially with Penn State finally putting it together and Brecht having Rutgers inching closer, Hopkins could get lost in the shuffle.

Who do y’all think would be the top candidates for that job?

I think Hopkins' talent does not really mesh well, making the whole a bit less than the sum of the parts.
Even with the attack, which was ranked high preseason by IL, there is the problem that they really needed an assist man to replace Stanwick, and Epstein at this point in his career is mostly a shooter. Of course, Tinney has a lot of assists last year too.
Then you have that the goalie and face-offs are not a strong point. Then there is the lack of offensive midfield depth.

I think Nadelon is the guy they would go after to replace Pietramala.

Princeton territory. That's a pretty solid comparison to what Hopkins could be heading towards.
Penn State looks really good this season but I want to see them win a tournament game before I'm ready to believe in any long term consistent success.

Submitted late so only got to pick Cuse this weekend

12-8 FTY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom