Lax Pick em’: Week 9 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick em’: Week 9

Great job by those obtaining the lines and posting them, best college lax site on the net.
Gonna regret not picking the two games I liked yesterday, sigh.

Maryland +2 - Tillman has been winning this type of game his whole career at Maryland and the Terps are desperate. Wish I had the hook but Maryland getting 2 is to much to pass up.

Gate +1.5 - This feels like a sucker line but Gate coming off of two weeks rest with an up and down Navy team and getting points, is to much to pass up.

There's a handful of NY teams where the lines are pending, I'd like to see what those look like before making the remaining two picks.

Maryland +2
Gate +1.5
Manhattan +2
Gtown -8

Is it just me or are the picks borderline impossible this week? I don't feel good about any of them.

Georgetown -8
Virginia -5
Notre Dame -2 (I figure if I pick ND, Cuse will win :cool:)
Quinnipiac -6

Is it just me or are the picks borderline impossible this week? I don't feel good about any of them.

Georgetown -8
Virginia -5
Quinnipiac -6
it's not you. Some of the spreads are really big and it's mostly conference play where games tend to be closer and more competitive. I picked 3 dogs this week and not super confident about it.

Virginia -5
High Point +1.5
Hobart + 2.5
Notre Dame -2

[and I hope I lose the last one.]

Syracuse +2 ND
Umass -2.5 Hobart
Brown +6.5 Yale
MD +2 Penn State

Forgot to get these in and only three games left so:

Mount St. Mary’s +6
Rutgers-1.5
Penn State -2

Forgot to get these in and only three games left so:

Mount St. Mary’s +6
Rutgers-1.5
Penn State -2
The Cleveland State at Air Force game is actually occurring on Sunday

17-15 ytd

Albany -1.5 v UMBC
Villanova +3.5 v Denver
Penn +2 v Cornell
Ohio State +1.5 v Rutgers
3-1 this week, 20-16

all 3 of my dogs did their job this week, with Penn and Ohio State winning outright then Nova only losing by 3. Albany won but didn't cover.

You’re not saying that as some kind of Trojan horse are you?
In case you don't know, but we had a QB 20-some years ago named Troy Nunes. In a game vs. Auburn, Nunes led a comeback win. After one play in which he escaped several tacklers, he threw a TD (I hope I'm remembering this correctly).

Anyway, the announcer yelled, "Troy Nunes is an absolute magician!"

It became Syracuse legend, and even spawned a SU-based website of the same name, which covers SU sports.

If you knew this already,

1711838719613.jpeg

Georgetown -8
Virginia -5
Quinnipiac -6
Horrible week as I suspected.

1/2 point total for the week

In case you don't know, but we had a QB 20-some years ago named Troy Nunes. In a game vs. Auburn, Nunes led a comeback win. After one play in which he escaped several tacklers, he threw a TD (I hope I'm remembering this correctly).

It became Syracuse legend, and even spawned a SU-based website of the same name, which covers SU sports.

View attachment 239321
I did remember that’s the name of your SB Nation site, hence my lame attempt at a response. ;) Ours is “Streaking the Lawn” in honor of one of our 70s “pastimes”.

I did remember that’s the name of your SB Nation site, hence my lame attempt at a response. ;) Ours is “Streaking the Lawn” in honor of one of our 70s “pastimes”.
OK, glad you knew. Sometimes, fans of other schools don't know things (and rightfully so) about the host site.

View attachment 239321
Coincidently, Sean Keeley, the creator of the Nunes Magician website, was interviewed on Friday by Brian Higgins of Cuse Sports Talk radio about Keeley's recent first time interview with Jim Boeheim about JB's experience doing TV work for ESPN & The ACC Network. Keeley wrote about it on awfulannouncing.com. Higgins' interview with Keeley is on the Basketball Board in the thread "New JB interview with Sean Keeley". Keeley now lives in Seattle and is the managing editor of Comeback Media which has the Awful Announcing & The Comeback websites. He still follows SU sports & writes about SU often.

First 2 DraftKings lines for Week 10

Tuesday 7 PM Syracuse -2.5 @ Cornell +2.5
Sunday 12 PM Notre Dame -1.5 @ Duke +1.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors