LAX Pick'em Week 3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Pick'em Week 3

1-3 last week, 2-6 overall

Rutgers -2.5 v Army
Binghamton -1.5 v St. Bona
Merrimack -3.5 v Dartmouth
Vermont -1.5 v Utah

There are several games this week where I like the Favorite, but don't trust them to cover. Cornell, Lehigh, and Virginia come to mind. The Ivies haven't played a game yet and some opponents have 2 or 3 games under their belt. Tough to know how they will do, let alone cover.
Well, nothing like the feeling of having a car door slammed on your pecker. 0-4 today. Both Binghamton and Vermont had 4 goal leads, both gave them up and won in OT. smh

0-4 this week, 2-10 overall

I thought I had messed up picking Harvard. I saw a score that had them down 10 in the 3rd quarter. The end of the 3rd quarter score was actually 23-12. They made a good comeback and only lost 25-21, which beat the spread by 1 even.

4-0 last week, 6-2 on YTD.

SU +4.5 vs. MD (W)
Georgetown -1.5 over Penn (L)
Denver +5.5 over Duke (W)
Rutgers -2.5 over Army (L)
2-2 this week, 8-4

I thought I had messed up picking Harvard. I saw a score that had them down 10 in the 3rd quarter. The end of the 3rd quarter score was actually 23-12. They made a good comeback and only lost 25-21, which beat the spread by 1 even.
Lars emptied our bench and Byrne didn't empty his. King was playing right to the end.

Lars emptied our bench and Byrne didn't empty his. King was playing right to the end.
Absolutely. I mentioned this earlier, Cav's starters very skilled and athletic, it was the reserves that couldn't hang with Harvard's starters and which made the score closer than the game really was. My biggest takeaway was the Cavs may not have the depth, particularly at midfield, that they have had the past few seasons.

Absolutely. I mentioned this earlier, Cav's starters very skilled and athletic, it was the reserves that couldn't hang with Harvard's starters and which made the score closer than the game really was. My biggest takeaway was the Cavs may not have the depth, particularly at midfield, that they have had the past few seasons.
He's got 2 really solid offensive midfields with some combination of Schutz, Garno, Dickson, Miezan (doing his Nakaei Montgomery imitation), Conner, and McConvey. Folks on our board have been concerned about working in a couple more SSDMs.

He's got 2 really solid offensive midfields with some combination of Schutz, Garno, Dickson, Miezan (doing his Nakaei Montgomery imitation), Conner, and McConvey. Folks on our board have been concerned about working in a couple more SSDMs.
I thought Dickson was playing attack? Or is Tiffany moving him around? I think Shellenberger, Cormier, and Dickson make up a very good attack unit. Dickson can finish and carry which takes some defensive pressure off Shellenberger. I forgot about Garno, he seems to have been lost in the shuffle. I love his step down shot, except when he plays Syracuse.

I thought Dickson was playing attack? Or is Tiffany moving him around? I think Shellenberger, Cormier, and Dickson make up a very good attack unit. Dickson can finish and carry which takes some defensive pressure off Shellenberger. I forgot about Garno, he seems to have been lost in the shuffle. I love his step down shot, except when he plays Syracuse.
He moves him around to create mismatches. Sometimes, during the game he'll put Sunderland on A, and Dickson comes in with the midfield to have 4 attackers on the field, putting the defense in a bind as to who should be covered by the 4th pole, Dickson or Schutz.

Starting A - Shellenberger, Dickson, and Cormier
1st M - Schutz (drew the pole), McConvey, and Conner

Sounds like a lame excuse. :)

It is one of the small advantages of picking the underdog in a high point spread game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom