LAX TV/Streaming Action for April 5-10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for April 5-10

Cornell 17, Harvard 9

10 goals from their starting attack.

2nd lopsided loss in a row for UNC.
UNC has ended up getting little help from their highly touted freshmen class. With 4 top 25 offensive recruits, you would think that one of them would have like 20+ points. It is true that 3 of them were midfielders, who sometimes take a year to develop. Of course, their highly touted face-off man hasn't done much either.

2nd lopsided loss in a row for UNC.
UNC has ended up getting little help from their highly touted freshmen class. With 4 top 25 offensive recruits, you would think that one of them would have like 20+ points. It is true that 3 of them were midfielders, who sometimes take a year to develop. Of course, their highly touted face-off man hasn't done much either.

Mullins must be redshirting. UNC have two very good fogos so I don’t blame them. Of course they both got hurt today and they didn’t use Mullins.

Im surprised by the lack of production fro their freshmen class, but I don’t think they’ve played them very much. Cole Herbert has shown flashes this year but given he was the 3rd ranked player in his class (sophomores) you’d expect more.

Makes you wonder how good BU would be this year if Gray had stayed.

Makes you wonder how good BU would be this year if Gray had stayed.

Contender for a national seed imo. I am actually not sold on BU vs the other patriot league top teams. I don’t know how these next 3 games go for them.

But with gray in the mix, I think they’d be the clear favorites in the PL, favorites over Harvard, and who knows maybe spring an upset over Princeton.

That’s a lot of ifs, but I would be amazed if the thought hadn’t crossed Gray’s mind at some point too.

Denver has moved up to #11 on the RPI rankings. Denver's only top 20 win is over #9 OSU.
ACC teams in the top 20 RPI:
#5 UVa, #12 Notre Dame, #13 UNC, #16 Duke

I suspect ACC teams will trump them in the end for the final at-large spot(s) Denver RPI will take a hit down the stretch. And Duke + UNC both have head to head on them.

Denver has little way to improve their at-large standing from here.

I suspect ACC teams will trump them in the end for the final at-large spot(s) Denver RPI will take a hit down the stretch. And Duke + UNC both have head to head on them.

I tend to agree with you. Although RPI is rather shifty especially out around #20.
Denver has wins over #9 OSU, #21 Utah, #25 Villanova.

Harvard lost the first of its four against the top 4 in the Ivy League, and Penn lost to Brown dropping Penn to 4-4. Harvard plays at Penn this weekend.

Virginia at Duke on Thursday night is a big game for Duke's chances of making it.

don't agree. as long as they put up w's vs their next 4 big east opponents, should.work fine vs rpi. they would be in the mix.

don't agree. as long as they put up w's vs their next 4 big east opponents, should.work fine vs rpi. they would be in the mix.

Are you buying Richmond stock too? Because it’s a similar story imo.

Similar range RPI, one big win (UVA/OSU), no particularly bad losses - they share a few even, three okay to weak conference opponents left. Likely conference tourney semifinal against a decent but not hugely impressive opponent (HPU/Nova).

To me anyway, Denver is in the same boat as Richmond. They more or less have what they have in terms of a résumé. I don’t think either is enough, but we’ll know more in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Are you buying Richmond stock too? Because it’s a similar story imo.

Similar range RPI, one big win (UVA/OSU), no particularly bad losses - they share a few even, three okay to weak conference opponents left. Likely conference tourney semifinal against a decent but not hugely impressive opponent (HPU/Nova).

To me anyway, Denver is in the same boat as Richmond. They more or less have what they have in terms of a résumé. I don’t think either is enough, but we’ll know more in a few weeks.
am not going to be convinced that resume matters until it does. rpi or bust.

As we head toward the NCAA tmt. which uses the RPI for its selection, because we look at the RPI so much, there is a tendency to start to believe it is true, even though deep down we know it is a relatively flawed statistic for judging teams. There is also the Mathematical rating given on LaxNumbers:
This ranking also has its flaws, but is sometimes better at determining the power of a team.

Looking at the ACC
Mathematical Rankings
#4 UVa, #5 Notre Dame, #6 Duke, #18 UNC, #32 []
RPI Rankings
#5 UVa, #12 Notre Dame, #13 UNC, #16 Duke, #31 []
So the Mathematical rankings, show that the ACC is a bit down, but perhaps not as much as the RPI indicates. They still have a lot of power in the 4, 5, and 6 ranked teams. UNC is a bit further down, perhaps somewhat due to their large margin losses to OSU, Duke and UVa.
Looking at the Big Ten
Mathematical Rankings
#1 Maryland, #8 Rutgers, #10 Ohio State, #22 Michigan, #26 Hopkins, #28 PSU
RPI Rankings
#1 Maryland, #7 Rutgers, #10 Ohio State, #20 Hopkins, #29 PSU, #46 Michigan.
The first 3 are about the same. Hopkins is not in the top 20 in the Mathematical rankings, which jives with opinions given in the polls. Michigan's mathematical ranking is significantly higher, due to their beating a number of weak teams by a large margin; these weak teams really hurt their RPI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom