Class of 2019 - LB Alex Howard (OH) Portal from Youngstown to Texas A&M to ? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Alex Howard (OH) Portal from Youngstown to Texas A&M to ?

Interesting offer. I assume this means we're going to lose some linebackers.

Interesting offer. I assume this means we're going to lose some linebackers.

Also has offer from Texas a&m and Kansas. Strange he is getting so much power 5 love for being a backup at a FCS team. His career stats seem pretty good. Wonder why he doesnt have more games started under his name

Also has offer from Texas a&m and Kansas. Strange he is getting so much power 5 love for being a backup at a FCS team. His career stats seem pretty good. Wonder why he doesnt have more games started under his name

The stats don't blow anyone away, but has great size at 6-2 230, so if there's a need fill it with a kid who can go day 1. Would likely be on coverage teams to.

We already lost two plus a LB recruit.
OFFERED> ALEX HOWARD YOUNGSTOWN ST TRANSFER
#3 / 6' 2" 230 / 4.5 40 / BP 315 / SQ 485 / CL 275
usatsi_21382932_168388579_lowres.jpg

ASSETS:

One name to keep your eyes on is Youngstown State transfer Alex Howard, who received an offer from the Mountaineers on Monday. Georgia Tech, Liberty, Michigan State, and Virginia Tech have also reached out

Howard has steadily increased his role throughout his time at YSU going from a special teamer to a rotational player to a backup, before eventually working his way into a starting gig.

Over the last two seasons, Howard has been an integral part of the Penguins' defense, notching 110 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, five sacks, five pass breakups, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble, and one interception.

Youngstown State transfer Alex Howard announced this morning that he's received an offer from Pitt. The 6'2″, 230-pound native of Cincinnati, Ohio was the Penguins top linebacker this past season, collecting 67 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 1 interception.Dec 5, 2023

Howard has one year of eligibility remaining.

The stats don't blow anyone away, but has great size at 6-2 230, so if there's a need fill it with a kid who can go day 1. Would likely be on coverage teams to.
We already lost two plus a LB recruit.

He played almost 700 snaps this year and 250 snaps in 2022 at LB.

Although it was against lower-level competition, he graded out very high by PFF, 82.4.

By comparison M. Wax graded out at 72 this year and Mikle Jones graded out at 76.9 last year.

In addition to Lowery and Jefery, I understand two other LB's have been advised to find another home.

The recruit who decommitted appears to have been an overreach by the previous staff. Syracuse and Ole Miss were his only Power 5 (is it Power 4 now?) offers.

Can he play OLine?

I feel like I'm going to need to ask that for all these new recruits. ;-)

OFFERED> ALEX HOWARD YOUNGSTOWN ST TRANSFER
#3 / 6' 2" 230 / 4.5 40 / BP 315 / SQ 485 / CL 275
usatsi_21382932_168388579_lowres.jpg

ASSETS:

One name to keep your eyes on is Youngstown State transfer Alex Howard, who received an offer from the Mountaineers on Monday. Georgia Tech, Liberty, Michigan State, and Virginia Tech have also reached out

Howard has steadily increased his role throughout his time at YSU going from a special teamer to a rotational player to a backup, before eventually working his way into a starting gig.

Over the last two seasons, Howard has been an integral part of the Penguins' defense, notching 110 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, five sacks, five pass breakups, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble, and one interception.

Youngstown State transfer Alex Howard announced this morning that he's received an offer from Pitt. The 6'2″, 230-pound native of Cincinnati, Ohio was the Penguins top linebacker this past season, collecting 67 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 1 interception.Dec 5, 2023

Howard has one year of eligibility remaining.
How likely is it that he actually runs a 4.5 40?

That's faster than the average NFL safety. If he's actually that fast and that strong, he could be a terrific recruit.

But I bet it's hyperbole, like basketball heights and pitchers' fastballs.

Would the coaches actually make him run a 40 or two for them before giving a solid offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom