Class of 2016 - LB Andrew Armstrong (OH) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Andrew Armstrong (OH) SIGNED LOI

Just got around to watching Armstrong's highlight's, and have to say I came away extremely impressed. Actually, much more then I originally thought I would. The kid looks like he's a legit 6'2 210 right now. Give him a year or 2 in the Syracuse S&C program and he could easily get up to 230-240 with his frame. I was also really impressed with the quality of competition he seemed to be playing against. Those were legit football players he was out there dominating. As for what I liked...The kid plays with a mean streak. He could probably even be a pretty damn good TE if we wanted him to be. Talk about finishing off blocks. He was driving guys 15-20 yards off the LOS. I was also pretty surprised, and extremely impressed with his ability to make plays in space. I guess that's what you should expect when a kid is playing safety in HS, but having a OLB body is what made it so good. Great hips, good angles, good closing speed, and great tackler. Even on offense he had great body control, and great hands. Again, all of this was done against a high level of competition. This is a kid I really want to have on the team. Hopefully we can hold off Wake, and Cincinatti.
I agree

LB - Youngstown Cardinal Mooney HS. My old stomping grounds...

Keep and eye out here!

CL, its exhausting doing your work for you! ;)

How is this kid only 2 Stars? He hits like a truck, obviously a great athlete, great size and speed. His HUDL video looks like it was produced by Michael Bay. Kid is blowing everyone up.

djorange1989 said:
Solid player, glad we got him
Top notch athlete with size and speed.

He comes from one of the best HS programs in the country, so he has the fundamentals down and will be ready to play early. Great get for the new staff.

I wonder if Reno Ferri, who is a Cardinal Mooney graduate, played any late role in getting this done?

Last edited:
http://wkbn.com/2016/01/20/mooneys-...racuse/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

andrew-armstrong-cardinal-mooney-football-syracuse-orange.jpg

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Sports Team 27 has learned that Cardinal Mooney Senior Andrew Armstrong has verbally committed to play college football at Syracuse. He will play linebacker for the Orange.

This past season, Armstrong caught 19 passes for 448 yards and 4 touchdowns, grading out at 95% as a tight-end.

He also racked up 65 tackles, five tackles-for-loss, and one sack. He also tallied five interceptions as a safety for the Cardinals, with a total of five pass breakups on the season.

Armstrong was also considering Indiana, Cincinnati, Wake Forest, Bowling Green, and Vanderbilt.

After watching the film I can see him making an impact on special teams right out of the gate. The kid is a flier for his projected position and that is a big part of the game.

i like his tape to. surprising he's not rated higher. i'm with retro, I think he plays day 1 on specials.

Honestly, if I had to flip a coin between Armstrong and Riggins I think I'd be happy with both. Not a knock on Riggins at all. But they are the same size and play the same position.

Top notch athlete with size and speed.

He comes from one of the best HS programs in the country, so he has the fundamentals down and will be ready to play early. Great get for the new staff.

I wonder if Reno Ferri, who is a Cardinal Mooney graduate, played any late role in getting this done?
Really like his film. Big hitter and seems to have great speed. Getting a player from Cardinal is a super for Cuse as they put solid kids out year in year out. Nice get!

Well hopefully that opens the door for more players down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom