Class of 2017 - LB Anthony Hines III (TX) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Anthony Hines III (TX) Offered

CALDl51UMAIymxQ.jpg:large

Free Article...

http://texas.At their request, this...despite-offer-parade-hines-still-hungry?s=110

Apr 29, 2015 | 02:19 pm
Despite Offer Parade Hines Still Hungry
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./136/1362036.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Greg PowersNational Recruiting Analyst

Scout National Analyst Greg Powers catches up with Class of 2017 Scout Top 100 middle linebacker Anthony Hines to gauge his reaction to pulling in almost 70 scholarship offers well before the start of his junior year, his move from outside linebacker to middle backer and what offers he is still hungry for...

The spring evaluation period is in full swing and one the first stop on a spring tour throughout the DFW metroplex brought us to Tom Kimbrough Stadium to see Scout four-star linebacker Anthony Hines, a 6-foot-2 1/2, 218-pound linebacker from Plano (Tex.) East.

After playing at outside backer one year ago as a sophomore in his first year of action at the 6A school, Hines is moving to a more natural position in the middle of the defense.

He is looking forward to that as well as a strong junior year where the expectations are high at PESH.

"Definitely look forward to dominating as well as leading my team to the playoffs," Hines explained. "I am actually a natural inside backer, I just have the frame of an outside backer, so it will definitely be interesting reading the guard to tackle, shooting the gaps, but also going sideline-to-sideline and doing what I was born to do."

Hines is one of the most heavily recruited and offered underclass prospects in he country. He is closing in on 70 scholarship offers. At one time he was committed to Mississippi State in the SEC, but now he is back on the open market with a plethora of scholarships, namely Florida, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Tennessee, Texas and Texas A&M.

Those are just some of the big offers to pour in for Hines and for now he is evaluating all of his options. Those listed above and some that are not. (Click PROFILE LINK for Hines' offer list).

"I definitely look to cut down the list eventually, but as of now I am just focusing on the season, improving and getting ready for the season. No one is really standing out right now. I am just sitting back and evaluating all of my options," Hines reported.

Hines has also been busy visiting as many programs as possible. Throughout the course of the past year he has been all over the place. Most recently he has been to campuses like Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, SMU and LSU to name a few.

"I visited quite a few in the summer (2014)," Hines said. "I hit up almost all of the East Coast. I hit up Oklahoma, Texas, all the schools around me (and) all of the Texas schools. It's tough to name the best trips, because I went to quite a few big-time games in the Big 12 like the Texas and TCU games and I also went out to an LSU game."

Hines' most recent offer is from San Diego State and he has many top offers, but due to a West Coast connection he is still hungry for a couple of more offers from that part of the country.

"Definitely USC and Stanford, Hines did not hesitate when asked who he was still interested to receive offers from. "I am from the West Coast and these two schools have always stood out for me ever since I was a kid. Stanford just the combination of academics and play, you can't beat that. And USC -- that is my dad's favorite school and that has been bred into me."

Hines has walked away with MVP honors at a couple of the top regional camps this off-season. He was the LB MVP at The Opening Regional in Dallas and the LB MVP at the Next Level Showcase.

Just something to keep in mind: Hines is tight with the Washingtons, Maydens, Haskins, etc. Team USA strikes again.

Just something to keep in mind: Hines is tight with the Washingtons, Maydens, Haskins, etc. Team USA strikes again.

Sounds like he's more interested in playing in California.

We definitely have the "in" with all these guys being Team USA kids who are friends with Washington. But having them open to listening to the staff will only get us so far. It's going to be up to the staff to garner their interest, and ultimately get them to commit. You know what could help with that, especially with the 2017 guys like Hines, and Aapri? A breakout 9-3 season, or even an 8-4 year. Another 3 or 4 win year, and I won't blame them for looking elsewhere.

Anthony Hines III‏@2017D1Prospect 8m8 minutes ago

1f447.png
1f447.png
Go Watch my New Highlights
1f447.png
1f447.png
contains unseen plays!! http://youtu.be/9lgyb_EsF7M

This kid is an absolute monster. Kid can absolutely fly for his size. Now that's elite speed for a CFB LB. It's pretty easy to tell why basically the entire country has offered him. IF some how we are able to get him he is a day 1 starter no questions asked.

This kid is an absolute monster. Kid can absolutely fly for his size. Now that's elite speed for a CFB LB. It's pretty easy to tell why basically the entire country has offered him. IF some how we are able to get him he is a day 1 starter no questions asked.
Yeah, it's a pretty big if, too. I think the only way we could swing this kid would be if we wind up with Robert, Moe, Mayden, Haskins, Colon, and then get early commits from Aapri and maybe Mondy. Once we've got that many of his guys here, big time ones at that...that's when we'd really have his attention. Honestly, I don't expect to get all of those guys mentioned, either. I do think we'll get 3-5 of the ones I mentioned, though.

Yeah, it's a pretty big if, too. I think the only way we could swing this kid would be if we wind up with Robert, Moe, Mayden, Haskins, Colon, and then get early commits from Aapri and maybe Mondy. Once we've got that many of his guys here, big time ones at that...that's when we'd really have his attention. Honestly, I don't expect to get all of those guys mentioned, either. I do think we'll get 3-5 of the ones I mentioned, though.

If we get 3-5 of those guys my expectations would have been greatly exceeded. We will be in a very good position that's for sure.

I have heard that we liked our chances for Hines more then Haskins. So not sure what that says about our chances for Haskins. I'm definitely not expecting to land either.

If we get 3-5 of those guys my expectations would have been greatly exceeded. We will be in a very good position that's for sure.

I have heard that we liked our chances for Hines more then Haskins. So not sure what that says about our chances for Haskins. I'm definitely not expecting to land either.
I'm pretty confident we can pull, in addition to Robert: Aapri, Moe, and Colon. I also think that IF we can get Mayden to visit, we have a solid shot of landing him. And obviously, if we get him, we most likely get his brother in two years.

Ever since the 60s first thing I look at are a kids calves. Back then the thought was a kids legs with bigger calves showed more potential growth, strength and ability to withstand injuries. Aapari Washington has bigger calves than Hines. Mr Hines needs some leg work fast to carry that weight. Learned this from coach Darrell Royal. Reference a book that came out i forget how long ago called Meat on the Hoof.

Ever since the 60s first thing I look at are a kids calves. Back then the thought was a kids legs with bigger calves showed more potential growth, strength and ability to withstand injuries. Aapari Washington has bigger calves than Hines. Mr Hines needs some leg work fast to carry that weight. Learned this from coach Darrell Royal. Reference a book that came out i forget how long ago called Meat on the Hoof.

Yes and no. Some guys get too bulky and lose speed. Some guys are freakishly strong and twig skinny. Chan Jones for example. I want DTs and OL to have big bases but guys that cover a lot of ground need to stay quick/nimble. Would be curious what Will Hicks though was the best plan for him.

143. Anthony Hines, 4-star linebacker, Plano (TX) Plano East:
Hines has the most scholarship offers from anyone in the class of 2017. He is good friends with Syracuse 2016 running back commit Robert Washington and as reported early in the summer by CuseConfidential.com, he could be visiting the Syracuse campus sometime soon, or even next spring.

Hines viited Baylor last week with#1OLB Baron Browning who committed to the Bears yesterday. They are rumored to be a package deal and Hines tweeted a "Sic Em" shortly after Browning's commit. Could be interesting to see how this plays out but I'm confident that Washington's relationship with Hines could delay things.

Hines is one of the best players in the country. If the Washington clan actually gets him to visits? That would be incredible, but I just don't have much faith in pulling him out of Texas.

I don't anticipate making the cut but it's worth keeping an eye on. Good friends with Team Washington.

jekelish said:
I don't anticipate making the cut but it's worth keeping an eye on. Good friends with Team Washington. 630193752280137728
I think it's between OU and Baylor. Those are his faves.

I think it's between OU and Baylor. Those are his faves.
Yeah, I've been thinking Baylor myself.

I'll be very curious to see if he does put us on the list, though. No idea how much we've actually been in contact, though. It's been indicated that he does have some interest in at least hearing what SU has to say, and his interest is sincere.

jekelish said:
Yeah, I've been thinking Baylor myself. I'll be very curious to see if he does put us on the list, though. No idea how much we've actually been in contact, though. It's been indicated that he does have some interest in at least hearing what SU has to say, and his interest is sincere.
Agreed.