Class of 2020 - LB Anwar Sparrow (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/29/20) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 LB Anwar Sparrow (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/29/20)

One thing this staff does VERY well and I can say probably better than any staff in the country is recruiting kids that are late qualifiers or getting kids that are borderline with grades that make it to campus.

A lot of these kids are studs but a lot of schools back off because of grades. The last few classes our staff never gave up on kids because of grades/being late qualifiers and it shows when we land them. Like I said a lot of these kids are studs and would have a lot more offers if there grades were better. Not to mention the fact this staff kills it with keeping these kids focused and making sure they meet the grades and obviously a lot of that credit goes to the kids as well!

Here are some of the kids that we got that are late qualifiers/were borderline with grades. Some are already producing but I think most can agree a lot of these kids will be really good:

Caleb Okechukwa
Jawhar Jordan
Drew Tuazama
Jahad Carter
Javonte Williams
Anwar Sparrow

I’m sure I’m missing some kids too but these guys all would have had a lot more offers if it wasn’t for being late qualifiers. I can see all these guys being real players for us in the near future and quite honestly they all have the potential to be studs. Most programs would have stopped recruiting kids, Dino and staff only recruited these kids harder and it paid off.
None of those guys has made a huge difference YET on the field. I like Jawhar and am expecting a big year from him. Caleb as well as he had a fantastic High school career. I saw a couple of his games senior year. He's ready to break out. Heard good things about Tua. Lets hope these kids contribute to a 7 win season this year

It's too negative. Love the aggression the kid plays with. His athleticism didnt really stand out for me, but he's playing against good talent so it's going to be harder to stand out, and Louisville doesnt recruit kids who are below average athletes.

But also, Wake was concerned about burning a scholly on him, and Syracuse is not? That does speak to the down year we had recruiting. I know Wake is notoriously rigorous academically, but it said ECU also did not offer for the same reason and well, ECU isnt known for academic rigor.
In the article it explicitly states that he is qualified...a late qualifier, but qualified nonetheless.

The non-offers you cite were pre-NLI day. There is a very good chance that these schools had already reached their scholly allotment by the time Captain Jack became eligible.

In the article it explicitly states that he is qualified...a late qualifier, but qualified nonetheless.

The non-offers you cite were pre-NLI day. There is a very good chance that these schools had already reached their scholly allotment by the time Captain Jack became eligible.

Yep. I re-read more carefully after PhatOrange responded.

None of those guys has made a huge difference YET on the field. I like Jawhar and am expecting a big year from him. Caleb as well as he had a fantastic High school career. I saw a couple of his games senior year. He's ready to break out. Heard good things about Tua. Lets hope these kids contribute to a 7 win season this year
I respect that you always are able to find someway to spin something into a negative, pretty impressive.

One thing this staff does VERY well and I can say probably better than any staff in the country is recruiting kids that are late qualifiers or getting kids that are borderline with grades that make it to campus.

A lot of these kids are studs but a lot of schools back off because of grades. The last few classes our staff never gave up on kids because of grades/being late qualifiers and it shows when we land them. Like I said a lot of these kids are studs and would have a lot more offers if there grades were better. Not to mention the fact this staff kills it with keeping these kids focused and making sure they meet the grades and obviously a lot of that credit goes to the kids as well!

Here are some of the kids that we got that are late qualifiers/were borderline with grades. Some are already producing but I think most can agree a lot of these kids will be really good:

Caleb Okechukwa
Jawhar Jordan
Drew Tuazama
Jahad Carter
Javonte Williams
Anwar Sparrow

I’m sure I’m missing some kids too but these guys all would have had a lot more offers if it wasn’t for being late qualifiers. I can see all these guys being real players for us in the near future and quite honestly they all have the potential to be studs. Most programs would have stopped recruiting kids, Dino and staff only recruited these kids harder and it paid off.
How's that compare to other schools?

I
It's too negative. Love the aggression the kid plays with. His athleticism didnt really stand out for me, but he's playing against good talent so it's going to be harder to stand out, and Louisville doesnt recruit kids who are below average athletes.

But also, Wake was concerned about burning a scholly on him, and Syracuse is not? That does speak to the down year we had recruiting. I know Wake is notoriously rigorous academically, but it said ECU also did not offer for the same reason and well, ECU isnt known for academic rigor.
I will take VA all-state and Tidewater standouts any day of the week.

A 7 win season. Way to aim high, superfan.

Is that a definite now? I'm still holding out hope that they'll get on campus this summer.
Summer session starts 5/18. They may still make it to campus this summer but I don't think by next week.