LB corp | Syracusefan.com

LB corp

OrangeBlood

Starter
Rahme all but said that the depth chart is meaningless and that the coaches are moving the guys around both positionally and with the 1 & 2s. So my question is on 9/1, who are the first three linebackers on the field?

I believe that it will be Lynch Spruill Vaughn. I know the smart money would be on Siriki but i just do not see the staff playing a guy that small in the middle. I could be wrong, but I believe that will be our best unit both physically and mentally.

Are the weights correct from the PS? If so, that is good news

Spruill 230?
Diet tab 220?

I would personally like to see lynch in the middle and spruill and Davis on the outside, but I know lynch will be on the outside, would love to see Coker step up at 230 lbs and be that MLB we need.

Imo, Vaughan is a definite and probably Spruill too. After that...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

IMO...spruill being listed at SLB is all about cross training...and he'll be the mike on sept 1.

DO has a article up reporting spruill played inside today with Davis and lynch on outside. Reporter said they made plays. I love that lineup. The most athletic for sure. With out Vaughn they could make more mental mistakes however.

IMO our ideal lineup
SLB: Lynch
MLB: Spruill
WLB: Vaughan

What I think it will most likely be to start the year
SLB: Spruill
MLB: Diabate

IMO our ideal lineup
SLB: Lynch
MLB: Spruill

What I think it will most likely be to start the year
SLB: Spruill
MLB: Diabate
+1 agree totally.

I think our starting LB group will give us an idea as to what responsibilities players will have. IF our interior Dline is stout and doesn't need a huge body to stop the run then I could easily see Diabate starting MLB due to being great in pass coverage and fast sideline to sideline. Likewise, we may need run support on the outside behind our DE's so some of our bigger LBs would play there in that role as well as blitzing more if needed.

The size/strength of the DL, and their individual ability to command double teams, will be a major factor in who plays where at LB, IMO.

The better the DL, the more likely we are to see playmaker/speed/coverage types at LB and less of pure "assignment" guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom