Class of 2024 - LB Fatim Diggs (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/18/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 LB Fatim Diggs (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/18/23)

0C01D609-6935-46FE-BF93-4ABFE1F60A65.jpeg
5BD39E45-1FAF-4177-AB52-BCB0FC48BEF1.jpeg

Would love to know what the story is behind this kids recruitment. Was radio silent. Wonder how the grades are.

There's a post on page 1 of him making an all-academic team

Thanks for pointing that out. You have to admit it's a bizaare recruitment for a kid this good. There has been no recruiting action on him until now. No Penn State, no Maryland, etc etc...no visits official or unofficial, no articles. Nothing.

Nice quick clip. In watching a bit of the Hudl, he looks to be a nice middle linebacker prospect (is that a thing in a 4-2-5?).
Ratings don’t make sense for a kid with 120 tackles in his senior year, and those offers. I think he’s a take;-)

he looks to be a nice middle linebacker prospect (is that a thing in a 4-2-5?)
One way to think about a 4-2-5 is it's really just a base 4-3 that predominantly runs Nickel. So your linebackers would be nickel linebackers, and one would typically be more of a WILL who can cover tight ends, and the other would be a more traditional MIKE.

Also if the opponent comes out with 2 WR looks, you would expect to see a 4-3 in response from the defense, but maybe not.

So I would assume Fran would want at least a couple typical ILBs, but until we actually see the defense on the field, I'm making an educated guess of course.