Class of 2026 - LB Izayia Williams (FL) Flipped to FSU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 LB Izayia Williams (FL) Flipped to FSU

zDart crash decommit 1.JPG

Well, lets beat Miami and Fl will tank and have a new coach.

recruiting at a high high level is never easy and kids are jumping for new reasons now more than ever.

This is going to happen quite a bit with these big prospects. I expect fran to be the portal savant and land some serious recruits from there
Good, give me a former 4 star kid who gets a year of college football under his belt, even if a kid hasn’t played yet, a year of S&C and practice is very valuable.

This is going to happen quite a bit with these big prospects. I expect fran to be the portal savant and land some serious recruits from there

Honestly, I feel that may be the strategy and it makes sense with NIL limitations. That's why I've kind of stayed out of "the class of 25 should be more highly rated!" conversations.

Where I THINK Fran's heads at:
1.) Limit spend on high school recruits, save it for portal.
2.) Re-establish relationships with NY/NJ/PA/NE
3.) Mine for talented, under recruited kids, within 6 hrs of campus.
4.) Develop the hell out of those kids.
5.) Use the portal to backfill talent until those high school recruits are ready.
6.) Rinse/Repeat

We are being USED by these prospects!!We should not accept any 2 year commits until they have visited campus and at the 12 month mark, revisit their decision to commit. Why? These Decommits signal negative energy, as if, something is wrong with the Cuse. Especially after a big deal is made about their commitment!

Last edited:

That's fine, but it's also not why Fran was brought on board.

There is absolutely no reason to panic though. Signing day for the class of '26 is a long way off.

As I said in another thread, "commit" or any version of that should be omitted from the recruiting vocabulary. Even a LOI only has the word "intent" in it, and those are no longer binding with the transfer rules.

Thank goodness we have preseason camp to distract from the mayhem that is recruiting 16- and 17-year olds. I pretend this stuff doesn't matter but DAMMIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom