Class of 2021 - LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered

Yea you take this guy based on athleticism alone. Special teams ace if he isn't getting much PT on defense. I really havent seen much film on the 3-3-5 and I'm not all that familiar with the "Rover" but if it mainly involves stuffing the run this is your guy lol.

Man what a film, I can't recall being more impressed after watching a kids highlights. This kid is summed up in the play at the 2:56 mark of the film, its almost comical. LB, FB, Rover, SS, TE, RB, this kid is an incredible athlete, the lack of big time offers is mind boggling but I don't care need a guy like this on your team.

Ive been high on him for awhile. His film is better than a lot of 4 star films I've seen this year. Kid is a tackling machine. Defensive player of the year and all state wrestler. He is athletic too. If he was 6'2 he would be a 5 star.
Totally agree. He’ll be a very good college player.

I would say if nothing else he can play in sub packages and be a special teams stud.

He's a mini Boulware. A lot of that tenacity in his game. BB measured 6-0 238 and ran 4.89 and 4.85 during Clemson's pro day though.

Could Henderson play at 6-0 225 and have similar speed?

He's a mini Boulware. A lot of that tenacity in his game. BB measured 6-0 238 and ran 4.89 and 4.85 during Clemson's pro day though.

Could Henderson play at 6-0 225 and have similar speed?
Maintaining a level of speed at that height and weight is critical. The film study, instincts and tackling technique will have to come into play. For every Isaiah Simmons there's a Max Richardson. A guy that might not have to NFL upside but is just as valuable for his college team. I hoping Henderson can turn into that if he comes to SU.

Posted in a free article on one of the recruiting sites:

--Milford (Pa.) Delaware Valley linebacker Jason Henderson debuts in the rankings at 86. He is also a tackling machine who accelerates well and makes plays all over the field. Syracuse offered and is recruiting him hard.

Looking at Twitter, it seems like we are pretty close to signing him.

There was one clip where he was playing offense, made the block and then caught up to play 40 yards downfield as the lead blocker. Pretty impressive.

super athletic for sure. Would be great to get this kid. Wrestles at 195 so you would have to imagine is walking around weight is at least 205 as a HS junior
I know it has been said before but gotta love those kids who wrestle in HS. Those speed guys who run track too.

Penn Live does a lot of ratings for PA players and I found it interesting they rate Josh Hough the #3 LB in the state and Jason Henderson #15. Henderson was a 6A 1st Team All-State LB last year. It shows the versatility of these kids and that Hough is very highly regarded in his own right.

I like players who wrestled. Footwork, smarts, knowing about and using leverage...usually they're the whole package.

And, of course, the tights.

you-wear-tights-tights-no-i-dont-wear-tights-i-11226888.png

I don’t normally follow crootin, mostly because its always a Yogi Berra type situation: “Never over till it’s over”. These kids can break your heart on signing day so i tread lightly.
But since watching this kids film, Im checking & hoping he ends up here.
There are players who jump through the screen when you watch them, w/ what i call the “Ronnie Lott Effect”. When they make the play & hit someone, everything explodes. That’s what i see in young Mr Henderson.

Love to get this young man. money3189, if it's not Rover, tell me where in the 335 the staff might slot a kid like this - who's fearless in run support and has safety speed?

Love to get this young man. money3189, if it's not Rover, tell me where in the 335 the staff might slot a kid like this - who's fearless in run support and has safety speed?

I’ll be interested to hear Money’s approach, but to me, this cat is a Mike in a 335. He can control hash to hash if needed. Get downhill fast, and cover great zones in the pass defense.

This kid is definitely fast and likes to hit. There is always a place for a guy like that. His huddle says he is 6’ 210. So most of the time there is some fudging...so maybe 5’10 or 11 and bouncing around 210. That is really small for the mike in any defense. Even if ya assume he gets to 6’1 and 220 over time...maybe the will...with a 4.56 forty maybe the rover after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom