Class of 2022 - LB Mekhi Mason (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 LB Mekhi Mason (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21)

44214F3C-8C6A-473F-974C-9BF2D011D9E2.jpeg

defense continues to dominate offensive recruits. Wow this is a big get. Nice!
It is so weird.

I remember thinking after Dino was hired that our recruiting on offense was really going to explode and wondering how we were going to convince anyone good to come and play defense for us.

I think the only really good recruiter we have had on offense in the Babers era was Sean Lewis, and he left the program far too early.

Our best recruiters seem to be on the defensive side of the ball. Mainly Nick Monroe and now Tony White. Hopefully the new guy, Samuel and Schmidt, will start to make their mark sometime soon. We have to get better attracting talent to play offense. Soon.

That said, this looks like another terrific get for the defense. Gotta love his offer sheet. Welcome to Syracuse Mekhi!

It is so weird.

I remember thinking after Dino was hired that our recruiting on offense was really going to explode and wondering how we were going to convince anyone good to come and play defense for us.

I think the only really good recruiter we have had on offense in the Babers era was Sean Lewis, and he left the program far too early.

Our best recruiters seem to be on the defensive side of the ball. Mainly Nick Monroe and now Tony White. Hopefully the new guy, Samuel and Schmidt, will start to make their mark sometime soon. We have to get better attracting talent to play offense. Soon.

That said, this looks like another terrific get for the defense. Gotta love his offer sheet. Welcome to Syracuse Mekhi!
It's funny you mention that. I just posted something similar elsewhere. When Dino came, we thought QB's and WR's would run here to play in his offense. On the contrary, we have really struggled to recruit those positions (though I'm very high on Hatcher) and have recruited the best at LB and DB. I think Ferri has been our one solid recruiter on the offensive side (Hendrix, Tucker, Wax etc.).

great get by the staff. As Tom points out we need more juice on the O side of recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom