Class of 2026 - LB Izayia Williams (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 LB Izayia Williams (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

There isn't one play on his highlight reel at Safety, so once again the recruiting services are showing their value:
I watched his film.

First off, really impressive. Top 50 player in the country impressive.

As of right now, he might be great in the position Barron is playing for us. Star. Whatever it is called.

But he is a sophomore in HS and already 6'2 and 205. Seems likely he will continue to grow and end up playing ILB for us.

Speed is a wonderful thing.

Excited Kung Fu GIF by DreamWorks Animation

I watched his film.

First off, really impressive. Top 50 player in the country impressive.

As of right now, he might be great in the position Barron is playing for us. Star. Whatever it is called.

But he is a sophomore in HS and already 6'2 and 205. Seems likely he will continue to grow and end up playing ILB for us.

Speed is a wonderful thing.
When you look at most of the recruits that Fran is landing, they look like the athletes you always see lined up for Alabama and the other SEC power schools. These kids just look the part.

Hmmm, watching his film and track speed he seems weirdly fast for a 4.6 guy. ;)

Looks like a low 11s kid thus far. He's quick out of the blocks but tops out half way and "holds on" through the finish. He'll go sub 11 if he speeds up his turnover and/or lengthens his stride a bit in the second 50 meters.

He looks like a linebacker to me and with our S & C will probably be 225+ in no time.. he's a big, quick kid and could see him anywhere from pass rush to coverage and everything in between. Type of player to want on the field all the time ala Barron and figure out the rest around him.

Looks like a low 11s kid thus far. He's quick out of the blocks but tops out half way and "holds on" through the finish. He'll go sub 11 if he speeds up his turnover and/or lengthens his stride a bit in the second 50 meters.

He looks like a linebacker to me and with our S & C will probably be 225+ in no time.. he's a big, quick kid and could see him anywhere from pass rush to coverage and everything in between. Type of player to want on the field all the time ala Barron and figure out the rest around him.
I also saw he needs better arm drive. Very easily fixed.

I have a feeling this is not exactly correct. He is ranked as a 4 star, a 4 star, a 3 star and no stars on the 4 sites. How can he be a composite 5 star? I think because they only have so many kids ranked he is very high overall on the position ranking. But the sites don't give him 5 star ratings.

I have a feeling this is not exactly correct. He is ranked as a 4 star, a 4 star, a 3 star and no stars on the 4 sites. How can he be a composite 5 star? I think because they only have so many kids ranked he is very high overall on the position ranking. But the sites don't give him 5 star ratings.
It's not correct. You can't be a composite 5 star without being a 5 star somewhere lol

I had the same issue with 247 with their composite rankings trying to track potential increases to our overall ranking for the 2024 class - looks like something wonky going on on their site.

Debbie downer

It's not correct. You can't be a composite 5 star without being a 5 star somewhere lol

I had the same issue with 247 with their composite rankings trying to track potential increases to our overall ranking for the 2024 class - looks like something wonky going on on their site.
Sure you can. The composite is basically the average of the sites and he comes in at 20 in composite so therefore 5 star since the top 32 are considered 5 star. I assume some of the guys above him in individual site rankings either have much lower rating or not ranked on the other sites hence his composite being higher. Plus most of the sites only have a handful of 5 stars currently because they are still doing evaluations and rankings (ie 247 has three 5 stars total). Quite possible he could be bumped to 5 star on a couple sites just by slight rankings change.

Sure you can. The composite is basically the average of the sites and he comes in at 20 in composite so therefore 5 star since the top 32 are considered 5 star. I assume some of the guys above him in individual site rankings either have much lower rating or not ranked on the other sites hence his composite being higher. Plus most of the sites only have a handful of 5 stars currently because they are still doing evaluations and rankings (ie 247 has three 5 stars total). Quite possible he could be bumped to 5 star on a couple sites just by slight rankings change.
I mean if you want to look at it that way be my guest but a guy not graded a 5 star at any site being a composite 5 star at any site makes no logical sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom