Class of 2017 - LB Olakunle Fatukasi (NY) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Olakunle Fatukasi (NY) Verbal to Rutgers

Provide quotes from the coaches you've spoken to regarding that subject please.
That's a fair request. Although, I didn't see quotes from coaches supporting his x's and o's ability either, and those would be much more easily found than something negative, because coaches are notoriously closed mouthed when it comes to saying negative comments, while they usually blurt out "he's a great x's and o's guy", because it really isn't saying much at all.

That's a fair request. Although, I didn't see quotes from coaches supporting his x's and o's ability either, and those would be much more easily found than something negative, because coaches are notoriously closed mouthed when it comes to saying negative comments, while they usually blurt out "he's a great x's and o's guy", because it really isn't saying much at all.

I remember reading an article when we were looking into ash as our HC that had some UM quotes saying he picked him because he specifically could implement the exact type of Defense he was looking for and then went on to gloat about his ability with x's and o's. Alot of what he was looking for was a more aggressive DB scheme and Ash was targeted because of how well Arkansas defense held up against UM offense, something like less then 100 yards passing.

No offense but Babers is a known commodity at HC and has a winning history with his current coaching staff and support staff. Ash has never been an HC and doesn't have any history with his staff as an HC. We know exactly what we are getting with Babers...Rutgers is going to have to wait and see on Ash.

No offense but Babers is a known commodity at HC and has a winning history with his current coaching staff and support staff. Ash has never been an HC and doesn't have any history with his staff as an HC. We know exactly what we are getting with Babers...Rutgers is going to have to wait and see on Ash.

That's fair. No offense taken. I just find it odd when people make claims and don't provide evidence and then expect us to take them at their word.

We might have lost a few recruits but long term we are going to crush them. Rutgers has been sub par and really has made minimal gains during our plague. In short they had their opportunity and didnt capitalize. They are about to get crushed.

We might have lost a few recruits but long term we are going to crush them. Rutgers has been sub par and really has made minimal gains during our plague. In short they had their opportunity and didnt capitalize. They are about to get crushed.
That can be said both ways, as we get our 3rd commit of the day.

This is why I come to this board haha. So great.

tumblr_mxgz2tNV0S1qzvt32o1_500.gif

Provide quotes from the coaches you've spoken to regarding that subject please.

I think you may have misunderstood me. Ash is known as a good defensive mind AND a very good recruiter. I was paying him a compliment.

I thought it was to brag about your sweet Marco Battaglia poster. You know, the player who was the Apex of the first 100 years of your program?

Well thank you. This is an awesome forum and we enjoy having posters from all schools.
I do suggest that you remember that you are a guest in someone else's house and posting is at the discretion of the management.
Plus after three days the fish starts to stink.

c10j10s said:

What about your past history or current reality makes you so sure that your not headed for a sub par season? I mean have you graphed this thing out?!

Ash is relying on all tri state players to compete. That will not work in the old Big East let alone the Big Ten East. Clark, Melton and Fogg were good pick ups but other than that its the same class they've always had. The difference is he's been able to get them committed early. He is not waisting time chasing kids who don't want to play there.

Ash is relying on all tri state players to compete. That will not work in the old Big East let alone the Big Ten East. Clark, Melton and Fogg were good pick ups but other than that its the same class they've always had. The difference is he's been able to get them committed early. He is not waisting time chasing kids who don't want to play there.

Jonathan Lewis is probably the most important recruit in the class. Born to run the power spread and the #1 QB on our board. Had B1G and SEC offers. Jonathan Taylor is one of the fastest players in the country and is 210lbs. A stud runner being heavily pursued by Wisconsin (and many others) as I type. They handle the RB position as well as any team in the country. There is a laundry list of others still being recruited by the Pitts and the Va Techs of the world.

We will also finish the class strong. Perhaps sooner than later.

Ash could make a Flood class out of players he's not taking at this point. That's not hyperbole but also says almost as much about Flood as it does about Ash.

Jonathan Lewis is probably the most important recruit in the class. Born to run the power spread and the #1 QB on our board. Had B1G and SEC offers. Jonathan Taylor is one of the fastest players in the country and is 210lbs. A stud runner being heavily pursued by Wisconsin (and many others) as I type. They handle the RB position as well as any team in the country. There is a laundry list of others still being recruited by the Pitts and the Va Techs of the world.

Ash could make a Flood class out of players he's not taking at this point. That's not hyperbole but also says almost as much about Flood as it does about Ash.
Sounds like recruiting is going real well for you guys. You're probably really excited about it over on your board. Thanks for keeping us up to date since we can't participate over there.

Im very well aware of their commits. Im not as big on Jonathan Lewis as others. He a dual threat guy but doesnt run or pass exceptionally. Just solid in my eyes. He fits the scheme for sure. I just didnt see anything eye popping in his film. He didnt out run defenders. He runs with a little bit of power. He does have a strong arm throw but is not overly accurate.
Taylor has good size and he's is fast. Lovett is build for the spread. Dont get me wrong I think Ash is doing a great job early on in recruiting. Just think its a little over hyped because of the amount of commits he has at this point.

Im very well aware of their commits. Im not as big on Jonathan Lewis as others. He a dual threat guy but doesnt run or pass exceptionally. Just solid in my eyes. He fits the scheme for sure. I just didnt see anything eye popping in his film. He didnt out run defenders. He runs with a little bit of power. He does have a strong arm throw but is not overly accurate.
Taylor has good size and he's is fast. Lovett is build for the spread. Dont get me wrong I think Ash is doing a great job early on in recruiting. Just think its a little over hyped because of the amount of commits he has at this point.
I think Ash is doing well with his window here. I don't think Rutgers has to win a ton right away, but they have to show how the system will work moving forward to solidify their recruits during their season. If they get blown out by the big boys and show no improvement, that window may close quickly.

money3189 said:
Im very well aware of their commits. Im not as big on Jonathan Lewis as others. He a dual threat guy but doesnt run or pass exceptionally. Just solid in my eyes. He fits the scheme for sure. I just didnt see anything eye popping in his film. He didnt out run defenders. He runs with a little bit of power. He does have a strong arm throw but is not overly accurate. Taylor has good size and he's is fast. Lovett is build for the spread. Dont get me wrong I think Ash is doing a great job early on in recruiting. Just think its a little over hyped because of the amount of commits he has at this point.

Yeah - they have some very good kids at the top two spots, but the rest are basically what we have. They have more commits.

They will fall back to the 40's. Lose a few top kids and they'll be at 50 or so.

But I get why they are feeling themselves a bit.

The camp film I've seen of Lewis he isn't very accurate. big arm but so what. He could flame out if he cant throw it. Jabu Lovelace or the big QB they took from LSU that wound up at tight ened.

I'm also curious to see how their offense goes, all of this Tom Hermann spread talk except the guy being brought in to run it was the WR coach. we've seen how that worked out before.

june recruiting momentum is a a big yawner if you ask me. we'll see.

The camp film I've seen of Lewis he isn't very accurate. big arm but so what. He could flame out if he cant throw it. Jabu Lovelace or the big QB they took from LSU that wound up at tight ened.

I'm also curious to see how their offense goes, all of this Tom Hermann spread talk except the guy being brought in to run it was the WR coach. we've seen how that worked out before.

june recruiting momentum is a a big yawner if you ask me. we'll see.

Not only was he a Wr's coach but he is also like 15 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom