Class of 2024 - LB Zekai Wimberly (NJ) Flipped to Hampton | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 LB Zekai Wimberly (NJ) Flipped to Hampton

Just gives me more confidence in frans talent review. This isn’t meant to come off harsh, but it may. I think this goes to show where some of our schollys were going under the previous regime, literally blowing a scholly on a player who isn’t even G5 material, no offense! This isn’t personal to this player - I’m happy for this dude, he gets to go to school for free and play ball and that’s an amazing feat.

Just gives me more confidence in frans talent review. This isn’t meant to come off harsh, but it may. I think this goes to show where some of our schollys were going under the previous regime, literally blowing a scholly on a player who isn’t even G5 material, no offense! This isn’t personal to this player - I’m happy for this dude, he gets to go to school for free and play ball and that’s an amazing feat.
Possibly what's happening is that guys like Wimberly who are being recruited for development are seeing a different path. If they go to a lower level school they will see PT in year 1. Then they can portal as a soph. Even going to SU who doesn't have a super strong roster they probably won't see the field for 2 or 3 seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom