Lead column on Grantland right now: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lead column on Grantland right now:

And Grantland is 1,000 times better than normal ESPN fare and Bleacher Report is a hole. I don't love everything over there - but it's a least entertaining. BR is a sentence a page in search of page views - and the 1 sentence is not even fit for this forum quality-wise.

tumblr_ly0uvywQSg1r2hpuao1_500.gif

tumblr_lbqg10tZyq1qbwtq5o1_500.jpg
gotta love it when you are able to work in an Archer clip

I disagree that Burke has been the player of the tournament by a wide margin. MCW's been just as good, if not better.

MCW has been better. Honestly, it really isn't that close. Burke has struggled in the tournament; just not as much as the other "big name" players. He's shooting a low percentage and turning the ball over a lot. McGary has been their best player in the tournament so far, though he isn't the kind of guy that you can just give the ball to and let him go to work in the post.

Is the article not working for anyone else? It just brings you to main site.

the Amoeba Defense title is already taken - it was the defense that Jerry Tarkanian employed on his great UNLV teams. I don't remember enough about it to say how similar it is to the current Syracuse Zone, but regardless, we don't need to steal someone else's term.

Didn't Pitt have an Ameoba Defense in the mid 70's?

Didn't Pitt have an Ameoba Defense in the mid 70's?
it's before my time, but I did research it a little this morning and it seems, yes, that is where it was first developed before Tark picked it up

But were those other defenses "Damn Amoeba" defenses?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Simmons isn't even Simmons anymore and that place is a large crowd of guys trying to be Simmons.

I'll go with "Damn Amoeba Defense"
It's easier to spell and has a better ring than "paramecium".