Leading Candidate to replace Steve Donahue at BC after the year is Bruce Pearl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Leading Candidate to replace Steve Donahue at BC after the year is Bruce Pearl

I was having some fun with it; all things being equal, many of those schools would prefer to hire a coach who is a religious or cultural match.

As for BC, I'm delighted at the way their athletic administration meddled its way into making the basketball program irrelevant. Hope they keep it up.

Sorry for above post... wasnt meant to be a shot at you personally... and even less of a shot at you considering this post.

Just wanted to point that out.

much love my Otto brother. (but the mets seriously suck)

Sorry for above post... wasnt meant to be a shot at you personally... and even less of a shot at you considering this post.

Just wanted to point that out.

much love my Otto brother. (but the mets seriously suck)

Ha, no troubles. I just like insulting BC, even if it involves hypotheticals.

It was DiFilippo's ego that ruined BC hoops (and football). He didn't like that Skinner played lunchtime hoops instead of raising money and he got all bent out of shape with Jagz interviewing, so he went and brought in Donahue and promoted Spaz. Best thing for BC was him leaving before he could do even more damage.
Bigger issue at BC wasn't firing Jagodzinski but firing O'Brien

BC should go after Ed Cooley. The guy is out recruiting BC at what should be an inferior program. They should look at Mike Lonergan, the current head coach at GW too.

Cooley is a PC alum so it would probably force BC to really overpay him. PC also gets better fan support and they will be more competitive in the BE than BC will be in the ACC.

Cooley is a PC alum so it would probably force BC to really overpay him. PC also gets better fan support and they will be more competitive in the BE than BC will be in the ACC.
Cooley isn't a PC alum, but is a Providence, RI native. I agree he is loyal to PC, but Cooley is pissed at PC administration for him losing 3 top 100 recruits in the last 2 years for stuff that wasn't that serious. I don't think Cooley to BC is a lock, but if BC offered him a great deal and the administration gave him support I think he could be had by BC.

Good points, but I don't think BC would have let Cooley even bring a kid like Ledo to campus. I agree that Cooley could be had, but will BC go to the lengths to make it happen?