Lelan Rogers named HC at SUNY Cortland | Syracusefan.com

Lelan Rogers named HC at SUNY Cortland

He is a great coach he turned an abysmal defense around in one season to a national championship team. While the recruiting at the end of his tenure was below par his schemes were far superior to Petro’s.

Anyone know if Lelan was seriously considered for HC when Desko retired? I realize they wanted a fresh feel, but he seems to have the stats as a HC that back up being given a chance?

I dont even think anyone else was reached out too I’m sure there was other names on the list but when Gary said yes the deal was done. The university did a pretty poor job of handling that entire situation

I dont even think anyone else was reached out too I’m sure there was other names on the list but when Gary said yes the deal was done. The university did a pretty poor job of handling that entire situation
How so? With respect to the hiring part (if that’s what you think was pretty poor)?

One the University completely mishandled the Scanlan incident start to finish and used Desko as the scapegoat which is fine I guess he is in charge he gets to own all the responsibility. The hire was leaked on twitter before Desko could even address the team not the way the man who brought 11 NCAA championships to this community should be treated.

Who’s says you can’t go home? Good luck to Lelan on his second stint at Cortland. Always had a soft spot for him, graduated with my brother in law from Fulton.
Yep. As a proud Fultonian (I was a couple of year behind Lelan in high school and was friends with his brother), glad to see him back in the game.

Lelan’s son Casey, now playing football for Oregon, just took a fake punt about 40 yards against Coach Prime University. They mentioned he was a lacrosse player with a Syracuse offer.

Colorado is getting boat raced. Shouldn’t disrespect the midfield logo.

Lelan’s son Casey, now playing football for Oregon, just took a fake punt about 40 yards against Coach Prime University. They mentioned he was a lacrosse player with a Syracuse offer.

Yep he could’ve played both but Dino didn’t want him.

Not the way I remember it at all He did a PG year completely dedicated to
Football if I remember correctly then went to Nebraska he bulked up immensely he sat next to me when he came home on spring break at a SU lacrosse game. He was on the record about not being happy about how his father was treated when Desko retired and that it pretty much eliminated any ideas of him transferring to SU

Yep he could’ve played both but Dino didn’t want him.
not what I heard. He didn’t want to play football for Cuse when he decided he was going to play football. Wanted a bigger, more prestigious program and picked Nebraska originally, although they aren't any great shakes in the last 20 years like us.

not what I heard. He didn’t want to play football for Cuse when he decided he was going to play football. Wanted a bigger, more prestigious program and picked Nebraska originally, although they aren't any great shakes in the last 20 years like us.
This is also true, but there wasn't a big interest on SU's part.