lemons long catch and run. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

lemons long catch and run.

I like the stack they used to free up Clark.

Always been a Lemon fan but he's like the godfather 3 to me...once I'm won over, his drops bring me back again. Of course being an SU fan I always notice the drops more than other schools receivers and appreciate the career he has had on the hill. I just want him to have the career I really thought he was going to have because I've always thought he had very good hands and to be honest when he did/does drop the ball it always surprises me. I wonder what his catch/drop ratio is compared the other SU receivers is since 90 or so? I'll bet it's still pretty good.

Plus a bunch of those drops happened in 2010, when he played with a broken hand.

Let me supply the answer that would work. Find a CB to replace Reddish next spring and fall. Put Reddish back on offense where he can make that impact with his speed and agility. I can see a short pass turning into points with his ability to use his talent. Its not like Brandon is a shut down corner that is impossible to replace. Wayne Morgan might be the immediate logical choice with a bit more experience. Any thoughts ?:noidea:
Why are you so obsessed with taking our best CB off defense to make him a WR? He was better at CB in high school, the staff evaluated him as a CB rather than a WR, and he will never be moved in a million years. We don't need another WR right now either so not sure why this keeps coming up.

Reddish is fine where he is, he's going to be a good one.

Plus, we are going to be in a dome with mad max and the Funderburk in 2013.

Why are you so obsessed with taking our best CB off defense to make him a WR? He was better at CB in high school, the staff evaluated him as a CB rather than a WR, and he will never be moved in a million years. We don't need another WR right now either so not sure why this keeps coming up.
We need someone who can make a big play and score. We don't have anyone who can shake the defense and go all the way. Just who do we have out there that is capable of doing that !? As far as Reddish being our best CB thats hardly true from what I've seen out there.:p

Reddish is fine where he is, he's going to be a good one.

Plus, we are going to be in a dome with mad max and the Funderburk in 2013.
"Mad Max"? Who is that?:noidea:

I think both points are valid here in that it's clear we still don't quite have that breakaway type on offense. Nothing makes that more clear than seeing Broyld when he gets into space. Just a lot of acceleration there (though I suppose I don't know what his top-end speed is). And speed, whether or not it is overrated, is very important for WRs b/c, by definition, they are operating downfield and in space most of the time. And while maybe we won't be getting a lemon-type with 4.3 speed, there's no reason we can't get in on Tayvon Austin types.

That said, guys who actually have football skill and feel for the position and good hands, etc. are extremely valuable and productive. Lemon has been great and has, IMO, exceeded expectations. I mean he played and was somewhat productive as a true frosh and still managed to put up close to 200 receptions (if you figure he averages 5-6 catches for the next five) and north of 2000 yards receiving. Those are really pretty impressive results for any recruit, but particularly a recruit who wasn't a 4/5 star type (I believe he was 3).

We need someone who can make a big play and score. We don't have anyone who can shake the defense and go all the way. Just who do we have out there that is capable of doing that !? As far as Reddish being our best CB thats hardly true from what I've seen out there.:p
Well thank god you aren't a talent evaluator. And how do you know Reddish could shake the defense and go the whole way? Because he did it in High School? Newsflash, so did Sales, Lemon, Kobena, Clark, Hale, Funderburke, Foster, etc, etc. College level's a whole different ball game.

Reddish is by far our best all around CB. He's great against the run and sticks to opposing WRs. Teams throw at Ri'Shard and Keon, not Brandon.

Well thank god you aren't a talent evaluator. And how do you know Reddish could shake the defense and go the whole way? Because he did it in High School? Newsflash, so did Sales, Lemon, Kobena, Clark, Hale, Funderburke, Foster, etc, etc. College level's a whole different ball game.

Reddish is by far our best all around CB. He's great against the run and sticks to opposing WRs. Teams throw at Ri'Shard and Keon, not Brandon.
OK Reddish is indispensable on defense and these other guys will become big play makers in your lifetime. I think we have one guy who makes limited appearances on offense who could evolve into a home run kind of guy His name is Ashton Broyld. This kid has some potential.

OK Reddish is indispensable on defense and these other guys will become big play makers in your lifetime. I think we have one guy who makes limited appearances on offense who could evolve into a home run kind of guy His name is Ashton Broyld. This kid has some potential.

Not this week. He, Adonis Ameen Moore and Ritchy Desir are all out, per the radio. But don't worry, we have Stephen Rene!

Lemon reminds me of Ed McCaffrey. Great routes, great hands, not so great speed. Ed had a pretty damn successful career in the NFL.

Didn't Lemon have like four or five drops at Rutgers?

lol - Ok, it was three. My mistake.
If I remember the plays correctly, one of the 'drops' was in the endzone and pass interference was called.

Another was in the same series, I think a play earlier, and Lemon was also interfaced with on that play, also in the endzone, but it was not called.

The third was also in the endzone, where the Rutgers safety made a nice play, hitting Alec directly between his shoulder blades just as the ball hit Lemon's hands.

I hold WRs to a high standard at this level. If the ball hits their hands, I think they should catch it. But some drops are definitely worse than others, or not drops at all.

Lemon also made 2 or 3 great catches over the middle in the RU game with someone draped all over him. RU has good cornerbacks, probably the best we will see all season. They made it hard to get the ball to any of our WRs, took Sales out of the game until the TD drive near the end of the game when they were in prevent.

I don't expect that against USF. Can't believe they hired the guy who was the DC for Kansas State in the Pinstripe Bowl. Their fans hate him (Cosh) and want his head. His K State teams finished 106th in total defense in 2010 and and 72nd in 2011 (104th in pass defense).

I bet he remembers Marcus Sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom