Lemoyne | Syracusefan.com

Lemoyne

Meanwhile Duke up only 9 vs Hartford. They must actually suck!!

Yes this is Lemoyne.

But UB’s offense is scary good

Yes this is Lemoyne.

But UB’s offense is scary good

Massinburg and Perkins are legit. They have a couple of other guards with swag and game too.

I’m down for ten pages on what the meaning of “Upstate” is.

I was just trolling.

But yeah, we could get a diesel thread on the OT board re: Upstate

You'll probably be fairly upset when they lose to Syracuse.
;)

Of course not. Come on. I just dig their style of play and moxie. I’m not touching that game though. 50/50.

Buffalo is eastern Ohio or southern Ontario but no way upstate ny.

Upstate NY is everything north of NYC and is further subdivided by regions such as central NY, Western NY, the southern tier, the capital district, the Finger Lakes Region and others.

That is the most common and widely accepted definition.

You may not like it but you should learn to live with it because that's the way it is, and it's not likely to change.

Don't understand how this counts as a win for Buffalo - you're playing a D2 school should be considered an exhibition. Just bizarre.

I was at the game last night. Le Moyne got some decent looks in the first half and knocked them down. In the second half, UB really clamped down on D, pressuring ball handlers and really not letting Le Moyne get good looks anywhere on the court. They must have held Le Moyne scoreless for about 8 or 9 straight minutes at one point. I thought Le Moyne held their own on the rebounding front, despite having a serious size disadvantage.

UB seems to have really good balance on offense, with guards and swingmen that can penetrate, finish at the rim and shoot from deep. Perkins was really the only big of note and it was tough to get a read on how effective he is since he was really just overpowering kids several inches shorter and 30-40 lbs (at least) lighter than him. Think if you get him in foul trouble, it could make them a little more one-dimensional.

If the first half version of UB shows up in the Dome, we likely wipe the court with them. If the second half UB shows up, it will be a real battle. I expect them to be pumped up and ready to play, especially after last year's close call.

Upstate NY is everything north of NYC and is further subdivided by regions such as central NY, Western NY, the southern tier, the capital district, the Finger Lakes Region and others.

You may not like it but you should learn to live with it because that's the way it is, and it's not likely to change.

I was watching Julia Roberts on Colbert the other night. She described the filming of her new movie "Ben is back", saying "We were in upstate New York". I wondered if they'd filmed anywhere near Syracuse. here is the Wikipedia page: Ben Is Back - Wikipedia

New City, Sloatsburg, Garnerville, and Haverstraw. The first three towns are in Rockland County, the last in Orange County. That's their idea of "upstate". To me the Hudson River area is a tributary of New York City and Upstate is everything to the west. Upstate is really more of a Midwestern area, economically and demographically.

When I worked for the Social Security office downtown, I had occasion to call someone in SSA's headquarters in Baltimore, wondering why they hadn't done something yet that would have gotten a beneficiary some much-needed money. The person I talked to was put off by my impatience and said to a co-worker "I should have known- he's from New York." She obviously thought that all of New York State was like New York City. She gave some excuse and I told her, "I should have known-you're from Baltimore." Maybe I do have a little of the Big Apple in me...

I was watching Julia Roberts on Colbert the other night. She described the filming of her new movie "Ben is back", saying "We were in upstate New York". I wondered if they'd filmed anywhere near Syracuse. here is the Wikipedia page: Ben Is Back - Wikipedia

New City, Sloatsburg, Garnerville, and Haverstraw. The first three towns are in Rockland County, the last in Orange County. That's their idea of "upstate". To me the Hudson River area is a tributary of New York City and Upstate is everything to the west. Upstate is really more of a Midwestern area, economically and demographically.

When I worked for the Social Security office downtown, I had occasion to call someone in SSA's headquarters in Baltimore, wondering why they hadn't done something yet that would have gotten a beneficiary some much-needed money. The person I talked to was put off by my impatience and said to a co-worker "I should have known- he's from New York." She obviously thought that all of New York State was like New York City. She gave some excuse and I told her, "I should have known-you're from Baltimore." Maybe I do have a little of the Big Apple in me...
I’m near poughkeepsie and when people refer to here as upstate it’s a real shocker. If this is upstate then what ya Syracuse? Upperstate??? Sheesh. It’s upstate to people like that because they don’t go past Rhinebeck, hudson, etc.

Ok I used to live near Rochester and you pronounce Lima like the bean and not like the city in South America. Avon is not pronounced like the cosmetic company. But Buffalo will always be Boofalo to people. What this has to do with this thread is nothing. I’m exercising poetic license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom