LeMoyne's Patrick Beilein wins 2nd straight COY award. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LeMoyne's Patrick Beilein wins 2nd straight COY award.

I thought this was very interesting from that article. First I've heard that he actually got an offer to join the UM staff:

Patrick was almost an ex-Dolphins coach already

Before coming to Le Moyne, Patrick was a graduate assistant at Michigan for two years. Patrick said John offered him a chance to return to the Wolverines staff after last year.

"I enjoy being a head coach. I played for him. He's one call away. I worked for him as a GA. He can still teach me from 500 miles away. It was a struggle, no question about it,'' Patrick said of the decision to stay. "Me and my dad, we had a lot of conversations. I had some unfinished stuff to do with this team. I knew we had a lot of great kids coming back and I had promised them that I would see them through graduation. And that was a huge factor. My dad wasn't, 'You need to come here now.' It was a mutual decision.''

Great win. Two things I thoroughly enjoyed tonight:
1. Individual seats instead of metal bleachers designed for 1979 sized rumps
2. An actual offense

Can’t believe they’re in the Elite 8

The renovated gym is a huge upgrade. The entrance/lobby is going to be renovated next. Definitely more of a collegiate feel in there than the old high school gym.

What happened to the LeMoyne coach before him. Was he the same guy that beat us in 2010?

What happened to the LeMoyne coach before him. Was he the same guy that beat us in 2010?
I think he got out of coaching and is working as an administrator now IIRC