Leo Rautins in a Twitter Battle with Doug Gottlieb | Syracusefan.com

Leo Rautins in a Twitter Battle with Doug Gottlieb

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Leo in a twitter beef with LA Media guy Doug Gottlieb - RealGM (There is some shots with the American Media on the Raptors board, so please don't take it as an attack on all Americans)

Last edited:
The way these guys like Marbury, Jason Williams, and Rautins have gone at him so hard recently - it makes it seem that Doug isn’t very well liked or respected by basketball people either.

Apparently Doug also responded that "Canadians are a$$holes", but quickly deleted it. I know not everybody likes Canadians, but for a sports media guy to just tweet that shows some sort of mental block. A media guy made for Fox.

Pisses me off that dbags like Gottlieb, Bayless, etc. make millions for having terrible opinions simply because they rile up people
Welcome to the state of modern media...where you've gotta $hout regardless of whether you have anything useful to say.

Gottlieb lets his media personna get in the way far too often because he's actually pretty knowledgeable.

As for annoying...he's got a long way to go to catch up with Francesca and Stephen A.
Opinions are one thing... but these guys keep shouting things that are demonstrably false.
And when Francesca's opinions turn out to be absolutely wrong he just ignores them or denies.

Welcome to the state of modern media...where you've gotta $hout regardless of whether you have anything useful to say.

Gottlieb lets his media personna get in the way far too often because he's actually pretty knowledgeable.

As for annoying...he's got a long way to go to catch up with Francesca and Stephen A.
Opinions are one thing... but these guys keep shouting things that are demonstrably false.
And when Francesca's opinions turn out to be absolutely wrong he just ignores them or denies.

The thing about Stephen A. is... he is incredibly smart. On the rare occasion he is serious and dials it down his takes are reasonable, if not brilliant. But ESPN has him play the wrestling heel of sports media and it makes him insufferable.

He could be much better than what ESPN wants him to be. They want him to be the screaming gasbag. It sucks.

The thing about Stephen A. is... he is incredibly smart. On the rare occasion he is serious and dials it down his takes are reasonable, if not brilliant. But ESPN has him play the wrestling heel of sports media and it makes him insufferable.

He could be much better than what ESPN wants him to be. They want him to be the screaming gasbag. It sucks.

He definitely wasn't like that when he was just the sports guy for the Philadelphia enquirer.

Not a caricature I mean.

gottlieb has such a small presence nationwide. The only place I read anything about him is on this forum.
2 words FOX Sports. You really have to be looking for something specific (like a Womens WC game or MLB game) to tune in to FS1 while most sports fans will stop by the ESPN channels to see whats on.

Pisses me off that dbags like Gottlieb, Bayless, etc. make millions for having terrible opinions simply because they rile up people
That clown is making millions. I really picked the wrong field to go into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom