Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again)

OrangeXtreme - none your last posts are showing up for me. Is it on my end or were they deleted by the user (assuming it was Twitter)?

Looks like Leon deleted and retweeted a bunch of stuff.

I replaced all the bad ones with fresh ones. Hopefully that helps.

I do, but I have mixed feelings on it. they are definitely responsible for the demise of the bowl game relevancy.

As for your NIL thought, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. My guess is they won't be tied to bowl game participation because all it would take is one major NIL deal to exclude it in the contract and they all will.
One of the bowl games historic feature is its administration being a cash lining enterprise for the fat cats involved

Paying players via NIL would probably really spell the demise as the bowls as it eats into the profits

Bowls, which became watered down when they were no longer rewards for above average seasons, are being further watered down by player defections. They are like minor league playoffs in baseball: more about next year's team than this year's team. (See LeQuint Allen vs. Minnesota last year while Sean Tucker sat out.)
Especially when you have to see UTSA as a 9 point favorite over Syracuse if they match up in the military bowl.

Oh boo hoo, guess we should decline to avoid the embarrassment.

what happened to you ?
What are you talking about? I'm pointing out the fact that we will be 9 point underdogs to UTSA mostly because we will have guys sitting out.

It was in response to a post saying these lower tier bowl games are basically exhibition games now.

What are you talking about? I'm pointing out the fact that we will be 9 point underdogs to UTSA mostly because we will have guys sitting out.

It was in response to a post saying these lower tier bowl games are basically exhibition games now.
So far hardly any portals. Who on this team is declaring for the draft? The only guy out of eligibility that might sit is Shrader. Maybe Bleich I suppose, but this could be the last game he ever plays.

Johnson needs a bounce back game.

So far hardly any portals. Who on this team is declaring for the draft? The only guy out of eligibility that might sit is Shrader. Maybe Bleich I suppose, but this could be the last game he ever plays.

Johnson needs a bounce back game.
I'd be shocked if Chris sits out. He loves playing football. He'll gut it one more time and be super happy about it, too. Great guy. So far, we're doing well in portal land -- kind of surprisingly so.

Specifically McCaffrey killed the bowl system. Once he sat out and got drafted high and excelled, the door was open. For the record I don't blame the players at all - wonder if future NIL deal will have a bowl participation bonus?
I'd go back further to the Jaylon Smith injury in the Fiesta Bowl, which led to McCaffrey sitting out the next season's bowl game. Like you said I don't blame the projected high draft pick players at all. The fringe draft guys sitting out I'm not so sure. When you're on the razors edge it's probably worth the risk to play. You could differentiate yourself from the pack.

The University of Oregon State?
The University of Baylor?
The University of Huston?
The Georgia Institute of Technology?
Well, he was one of our recruits, and many of them insist we are the University of Syracuse.

It is the Georgia Institute of Technology. Not sure why you and SWC75 find that so interesting?

Because nobody in football calls it that. I wouldn't have pointed it out except for the other school names he used.

I’m kind of confused in general as to why he raced to get in the portal. NJ kid, you have a bunch of coaches coming on with NJ backgrounds or connections, Nunz is staying, his DC is leaving but Rocky was only there for a year.

You’d think he’d let thinks shake out with Fran a bit. Can’t imagine a scenario where he wouldn’t be wanted back or not be in a great position to be a starter next year.

I’m kind of confused in general as to why he raced to get in the portal. NJ kid, you have a bunch of coaches coming on with NJ backgrounds or connections, Nunz is staying, his DC is leaving but Rocky was only there for a year.

You’d think he’d let thinks shake out with Fran a bit. Can’t imagine a scenario where he wouldn’t be wanted back or not be in a great position to be a starter next year.
Someone probably made him an offer

I'd go back further to the Jaylon Smith injury in the Fiesta Bowl, which led to McCaffrey sitting out the next season's bowl game. Like you said I don't blame the projected high draft pick players at all. The fringe draft guys sitting out I'm not so sure. When you're on the razors edge it's probably worth the risk to play. You could differentiate yourself from the pack.
Trishton Jackson like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom