Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in

This could be the new paradigm. Remember Maryland last year. The thought was that moving sooner rather than later gives a program a head start in the race for the best available candidates. Although, I seem to remember that the Terps did not get ahead of the curve in last year's race.
IMO, LSU fired Miles because of fan and booster pressure. Timing means nothing regarding getting a head start in their search.

They are LSU...they'll have a huge pool of big names to chose from.

If you want to know who will be next year's in season firing, wait and see where Orgeron lands next year.

These situations have a way of finding him.

Are you listening Notre Dame?

IMO, LSU fired Miles because of fan and booster pressure. Timing means nothing regarding getting a head start in their search.

They are LSU...they'll have a huge pool of big names to chose from.

Maybe not so much, after firing a coach mid-season.

Multiple Reports out that LSU has already reached out to the agents of Art Briles and Tom Herman

LSU can't be stupid enough to hire Art Briles as their HC. He would be getting a promotion from his previous job and what he had covered up should DQ him for a while.
Herman should be on the top of their list. LSU needs an offensive minded coach as the school and area can recruit the defensive talent for itself.

holy cow, I go outside to work on my front steps and all hell breaks loose. Kelly firing their defensive coordinator and Les getting canned. Wow

Just shows you how insane big time college FB has become.

Butch Jones was freaking crying at the end of the TN win over Florida. I was like dude did someone in your family die ?

My money is on Briles to LSU. Satan is actually the Commissioner of the SEC. They don't care about anything but winning now.

I'll just say this. LSU has two national championship game appearance under Les, with one 'chip. They are consistently finishing in the top-25. Most teams would kill for that.

What people seem to forget when firing quality coaches in college football is that there is a plethora of college coaches that can elevate low- or mid-level programs, but there have been far fewer examples of coaches (Urban and Saban) that can consistently keep an elite-level program superb.

LSU can't be stupid enough to hire Art Briles as their HC. He would be getting a promotion from his previous job and what he had covered up should DQ him for a while.
Herman should be on the top of their list. LSU needs an offensive minded coach as the school and area can recruit the defensive talent for itself.

Those "sources" are likely their agents.

Butch Jones was freaking crying at the end of the TN win over Florida. I was like dude did someone in your family die ?

My money is on Briles to LSU. Satan is actually the Commissioner of the SEC. They don't care about anything but winning now.

And how timely that Starr came out today/yesterday and said that Briles got a raw deal in his firing. This was the setup to get Briles back on everyone's radar, particularly LSU's. I'm not much into conspiracies, but the timing couldn't have been "better" for Briles.

Winning a NC should have insured he didn't get fired in-season unless he did something illegal.

Les deserved the entire year. The talent on LSU is insane at every position but QB.
Eric Dungey is better than Brandon Harris who got Les fired.

Darkhorse name for the LSU job will be Bob Stoops. He has underachieved at Oklahoma and could use the challenge. If not him Tom Herman, Dabo Swinney, and Jimbo Fisher will be talked about.

Here is my dilemma. He gets off the fire extinguisher at the end of last year so you think, just maybe think, he might make some changes in regards to his offense such as getting rid of his buddy Cam. However he comes back the first game of the season to the same lousy offense again. I do give him credit for finally changing up QB's a few games ago but the offense still remained the same. If he had gotten rid of Cam and hired a decent OC I think you would have seen different results. Les didn't like change and it bit him in the arse.

I was just told by a UNC friend to watchout for Larry Fedora to LSU. The UNC people think he will eventually jump to a SEC upper level job. Fedora is the offensive guy LSU could use and he is from Texas so it fits.

With LSU firing Miles midseason that will hurt them as coaches don't like one of their own being embrassed like that. Miles didn't deserve the timing of this firing.

If Les wants to coach next year it is better for him to be let go now.

Your UNC friend is nuts. Fedora is overrated and LSU would be dumb to hire him.

I'll just say this. LSU has two national championship game appearance under Les, with one 'chip. They are consistently finishing in the top-25. Most teams would kill for that.

What people seem to forget when firing quality coaches in college football is that there is a plethora of college coaches that can elevate low- or mid-level programs, but there have been far fewer examples of coaches (Urban and Saban) that can consistently keep an elite-level program superb.

He probably should have been given the rest of the year based on his entire body of work but in his last 25 SEC games he is 14-11 and that is with some hard games coming up.

LSU has quality QB potential on the depth chart right now, they just don’t know how to develop them. The boosters are right, this is coaching.

USC should have hired Orgeron. He turned them around quickly mid-season, had them playing great, and the players loved him. Now look at them.

Well LSU in the end replace Orgeron just like USC did? Orgeron can’t completely rebuild the offense four games into the season. This is almost a fool’s errand and that’s too bad for Orgeron because I think he deserves better. Besides, he a Cajun, if anyone ought to be the HC at LSU it’s him.

Les was expensive. Cameron had to be expensive too. This is going to be fiscally devastating for LSU and they’re not a fiscally healthy university from what I hear. Well, I guess they can always dip into that endowment fund. It's LSU so why else would you have one, if not for football.

Yes, I agree if there’s one university that would sell their soul and hire Petrino or Briles I think it’s LSU. If it were Coach P those trips to Arkansas every other year would be fun!

If LSU goes Briles the plus is you can bring him in now, keep the assistants for the rest of the year and Art has the rest of the year to evaluate the talent on the team then he can bring in his staff at years end (which will be easy cause Baylor is gonna fire them all after the season.) If LSU can get word from Herman's agent that he can be had and let him know what they are paying and get a "wink and a nod" agreement, I would wait for him though. You can bring in Herman and if he wins big there he will be there for a very long time.

Firing Les does show you how the big-time programs don't mess around and wins and losses are all that matter. They are in a different world than most of the college football landscape.

That would make next seasons game interesting

If Les wants to coach next year it is better for him to be let go now.

Your UNC friend is nuts. Fedora is overrated and LSU would be dumb to hire him.
Fedora has improved UNC. He isn't overrated he is properly rated. LSU needs an offensive mind as the talent recruits itself.

LSU had Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry at the same time and wasted them.
I mean the program oozes talent. Miles was meathead but he won a NC even though it was a fluke NC since they had 2 losses but still the guy deserved a better ending.

Tom Herman or Jimbo who I think they really wanted last year