Less Than Two Weeks for ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Less Than Two Weeks for ACC

I miss being the "Orangemen" but I'm fine with the mascot. Miami has a stork, and I'm sure it wasn't the mascot that intimidated other teams in the 80's and 90's. Kids love Otto, so I'm cool with him.

Miami's mascot is actually an ibis, which are usually the first birds to be seen after hurricanes pass in Florida.

We're New York's team. Otto needs to dress all in black and wear horn rims. Hipster Otto. Yeah, that's a fearful image for certain.

Miami's mascot is actually an ibis, which are usually the first birds to be seen after hurricanes pass in Florida.
I stand corrected... but still not in any way intimidated.

That's the idea sufandu. Teams think it's a cute little orange and assume they are going to play a soft sweet little SU team but as soon as they come on the field...The Dome temperature rises to 115, the noise is so deafening that it makes the concord taking off sound like a library...the doors slam shut and then before they know it...another victim has bitten the dust. They whimper away and we set the trap for the next game. There is a reason why schools don't want to play here and let's keep giving them something to entice them...thus we have: Otto.

Lie.

742221.jpg

Otto sucks and I miss the Saltine Warrior and the OrangeMEN. If we must have a felt orange cartoon character as our mascot, at least give away some vodka so we can be the Screwdrivers!

I stand corrected... but still not in any way intimidated.

Nor should you be. UNC is 7-7 all-time vs Miami, and, 5-4 since they joined the ACC. This is not the Miami of the'80s and 'early '90s, anymore.

I'm almost 40 and I love Disney World.

What I'm saying is that you're a cold, heartless, b@stard.

;)

I'll see your 40 & raise you 17 and I still love Disney World as do my three adult children. Happiest place on earth at any age. (And I liked Disneyland too -- interesting contrast to Disney World. Kind of like visiting alternate Earth 2 and seeing the old Flash.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor should you be. UNC is 7-7 all-time vs Miami, and, 5-4 since they joined the ACC. This is not the Miami of the'80s and 'early '90s, anymore.
When it was the '80's and '90's, it wasn't the mascot that was intimidating, which is the point of the previous comments.

When it was the '80's and '90's, it wasn't the mascot that was intimidating, which is the point of the previous comments.

Sorry, I was too involved with the CWS and the NBA Finals, both of which ended in disappointment, when I posted my previous comment. I will make sure I read more closely next time. My bad. :)

Otto sucks and I miss the Saltine Warrior and the OrangeMEN. If we must have a felt orange cartoon character as our mascot, at least give away some vodka so we can be the Screwdrivers!

Otto sucks, so did the Saltine warrior. Orange means Dutch and Protestant. If you wanted to start a good old fashioned British football riot, Notre Dame vs Syracuse in Belfast would be epic. There must be a mascot in here somewhere:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Order

The Defender, perhaps? Football is a rough game, after all -- not complaining, just saying. Good thing is that it is just a game.

ETA: Or, if the Orangemen are definitely out of the question, maybe Otto could be outfitted with a kilt and bagpipes.