Lester was always plan B. | Syracusefan.com

Lester was always plan B.

Crusty

Living Legend
When McDonald was hired as OC (with no previous experience), many posters noted that Lester was always there if it didn't work out. As everyone knows, Lester had been a highly successful QB, an OC and a successful HC. Shafer is looking pretty good for having a backup plan to a risky move.

Good analysis, Crusty, but how come Plan B didn't begin as Plan A? Don't know if the end result would be the same or not, but maybe there was a learning curve that was ignored...

Hindsight is always so friggin' cheap! :(

Good analysis, Crusty, but how come Plan B didn't begin as Plan A? Don't know if the end result would be the same or not, but maybe there was a learning curve that was ignored...

Hindsight is always so friggin' cheap! :(
I wondered that at the time but I guess we can chalk it up to recruiting. To get GM Shafer had to giverhim the OC shot.

the question is how much better do we need call plays to get to functional? Millhouse has shown we are creating big plays and yards but no points. do we need to be 20% better or 50% better to get more points. would this have even happened had we won the maryland game?

the question is how much better do we need call plays to get to functional? Millhouse has shown we are creating big plays and yards but no points. do we need to be 20% better or 50% better to get more points. would this have even happened had we won the maryland game?

We need to establish a run game with a rhyme and reason to get functional.

I hope I never find out that the unemployed Ralph Friedgen reached out to HCSS when Shafe was first hired. Also, I would be very disappointed if TGD had received interest from Fridge when Marrone left and declined to interview him. Fridge isn't perfect but I think he offered some very interesting advantages in the long run. And he runs a very good offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom