Let’s Talk About the 2022 Syracuse Offense | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About the 2022 Syracuse Offense

I think Morgan is QB 3 and Vallari QB 4 but I think Vallari makes it on the field first as an athlete. Can't help but wonder what that QB throw back play to Morgan would look like going to Shrader out but equally could have Villari as the motion man taking the initial pitch to open up a ton of other options. Hell even motioning Villari and faking pitch or hand off would drive defenses mental.
I say stick him at DT:)

Villari disappointed a bit. He's a big strong guy with a good arm. But he tried to force 2 or 3 passes into tight double coverage. Can't do that in a real game.
Kinda yes...but he is behind the learning curve at the moment being here since January. He appears to have a strong arm...let's see if he is 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th string for Louisville.

I never actually learn anything at Spring Games. Maybe if I could see what the coaches see on film. For me it’s just a chance to see some of the players who haven’t gotten on the field as much and to watch SU football. It always seems like the individuals who stand out in the Spring are almost never the guys who stand out in the Fall. It’s like the SU basketball first exhibition game. Some freshman will go off for 20 points, and then we never see him again all season.

I don't agree. I think he's the slowest of the 4 QBs by far, and we're going to need someone to keep the chains moving with his legs at times. Just the nature of the beast here. Actually it's everywhere these days.
He is the least dual threats of the QBs, but he did show somewhat in 2020 the ability to move around the pocket and avoid sacks.

He is the least dual threats of the QBs, but he did show somewhat in 2020 the ability to move around the pocket and avoid sacks.

I remember him being able to throw on the run, which was welcomed because DeVito just couldn’t do it.

But it seemed like when he had to take off, the gear wasn’t there. Maybe I’m wrong.

May the best man win, backup, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom