Let's be honest and face facts | Syracusefan.com

Let's be honest and face facts

DonLightfoot

All Conference
If we can shoot 58% from the field, and our percentage is 18% better than our opposition, we should be able to beat any ACC team. The honest part is that these figures will obviously not stand up for every game, at least in my opinion.

It was so nice to see the energy and other tangibles evident last night which have been lacking most of the year. I really want to see us maintain these attributes on nights when we end up shooting at 40% or less. That kind of grit can go a long way in attaining the results we are all looking for.

ENERGY, HUSTLE AND PASSION. Also, hopefully there is a little confidence right now.

We also won the game by 15 points. Those numbers could have been closer if we won by 6 points for example. I agree with your point about energy, hustle and passion though. I think we are heading in the right direction. Who knew we would see that before Jay Wright took over.

The crazy thing bout this team is how it is capable of having games where they shoot nearly 60%. Last year's team shot > 50% only one or two times all season as I recall, even against cupcakes. This team is pure mystery.

seems essentially our game swings on A-trey making early threes. make win / miss lose.

Miami also shot like 43 percent from 3(11-26). It wasn't a perfect defensive effort.

Is it just me, or does it seem like AIII opens every game up with our first points with a shot from the top of the key? I almost expect it every time now

Is it just me, or does it seem like AIII opens every game up with our first points with a shot from the top of the key? I almost expect it every time now
When DC was starting, he often got the first bucket.

It was really only one guy, the bosnian kid, we did a good job on everyone else.

It makes it worse if it's just one guy IMO. If a guy is attempting 12 3's you should be able to recognize where that guy is.

It makes it worse if it's just one guy IMO. If a guy is attempting 12 3's you should be able to recognize where that guy is.
Well, you'd think Arkansas would have been able to recognize where Southerland was. But they didn't, or couldn't. 9-13 > 6-12.

Vasiljevic was their only player in double figures. Hey, it happens. :noidea:

To be fair did anyone really know he was going to hit all those threes, some of them that he made in the 2nd half, he made over guys

To be fair did anyone really know he was going to hit all those threes, some of them that he made in the 2nd half, he made over guys

You guys make fair points. It just seems like we've had more guys than usual hit 5 plus threes against us this year.

Well, unless he has hot pink hair. Guys like that just can't be zoned. Too hard to spot.

Well, you'd think Arkansas would have been able to recognize where Southerland was. But they didn't, or couldn't. 9-13 > 6-12.

Vasiljevic was their only player in double figures. Hey, it happens. :noidea:
Thankfully they took that dude out the last 5-6 minutes. Strange move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom