Let's go UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's go UNC

I wanna blow this up and bring it to the Duke/UNC games...

Bound to get a few opposing fans salty.
80% of the people wouldn't know who's face that is. Nor who's body the face is sitting on.

Its not like they won't see it if you bring it to the dome. Don't even think about it!!!!!
It was a joke I can't even afford tickets

It would be funny for about 10 seconds. Then some of the fans would recognize what it is and would start an all-out street brawl. I'm not kidding. I live in Charlotte, and General Sherman is very much a sore point with some of the locals. He's like Hitler is to the Jews. At least you certainly wouldn't bring that down here.
They enslaved a race of people and beat them and killed them on a whim.. They are much closer to being Hitler than Sherman could ever be.

They enslaved a race of people and beat them and killed them on a whim.. They are much closer to being Hitler than Sherman could ever be.
Sherman was a military/tactical genius who did what was necessary to end the war as completely and swiftly as possible. Some argue that he was a bloody wanton maniac. I disagree, I think he just did exactly as he was ordered.. march through the south and destroy their means and motivation to carry on with the war.

"I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know i will make more sacrifices than any of you to secure peace."

Sherman was a military/tactical genius who did what was necessary to end the war as completely and swiftly as possible. Some argue that he was a bloody wanton maniac. I disagree, I think he just did exactly as he was ordered.. march through the south and destroy their means and motivation to carry on with the war.

"I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know i will make more sacrifices than any of you to secure peace."
Again I have no idea why you quoted me. You do this a lot. Ate you just not reading what I write? Am I cryptic? We need to fix this confusion. Is it me? Or you?

Again I have no idea why you quoted me. You do this a lot. Ate you just not reading what I write? Am I cryptic? We need to fix this confusion. Is it me? Or you?

I was adding on to what you said, agreeing with you. I wasn't arguing with you, calling you out or anything like that. You mentioned a view on the misconception/or southern portrayal as Sherman as a "hitler" like figure. I agreed.

I was adding on to what you said, agreeing with you. I wasn't arguing with you, calling you out or anything like that. You mentioned a view on the misconception/or southern portrayal as Sherman as a "hitler" like figure. I agreed.
Word. I thought you were trying to give me a history lesson assuming I didn't understand what the shermanator was.

Word. I thought you were trying to give me a history lesson assuming I didn't understand what the shermanator was.
tumblr_m9zogeHgLS1rg2ba3o1_500.jpg

What we have here is...

Friend, I love you and this reply isn't directed at you personally, but at anyone who our central (mis)education system has taught this crap to. I don't claim to be an expert on this by any means(I did some quick googling), but this was just SO wrong that I was "losing my religion", as I've heard they say in the South. I know we aren't supposed to be serious on here, but some of the unwarranted death and brutality the Union army unleashed on the South was as bad as the minority of slave owners you described. I won't even get started on the death of OUR(all Americans') organic Constitution as a result of the post civil war amendments (BTW, has anyone ever googled "original 13th amendment"?)

This is a vast over-generalization of the South. The large majority of folks in those states did not own slaves, and I have no idea what pecentage of those who did were brutal like the material that makes for good box office sales. I imagine(or should i say reckon) few of us have a decent understanding of the reality back then.

"In 1703, 42 percent of New York's households had slaves; the only city with more was Charleston, South Carolina. By 1775, in New York there were 3,100 slaves, accounting for 30 percent to 40 percent of the city's workforce. Slavery was part of every American colony until Vermont got rid of it in 1777; emancipation "came grudgingly and not completely" in New York until 1827."

Anyone who still believes the "civil" war was fought over slavery need only consider that the rest of the world ended slavery without war. History is written by the victors, you know this. There are some historians who actually seek the truth rather than toeing the company line to reinforce their current beliefs. Here's an article that in a few minutes will probably teach more about the true origins of the "civil" war than what our central education propaganda and their cohorts in Hollywood preach http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/thomas-dilorenzo/who-caused-the-1861-65-bloodbath/

I'll end with something a little more entertaining and just as meaningful. This is ongoing and has nothing to do with party/race/region or the usual things the media uses to divide us:

I feel dirty for reading this thread title and still opening.

Get used to it. It's the new world odor order! Just like you would have opened a thread title of "Hoya" -- you know, just to dump.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom