Lets hope the top 3 all lose | Syracusefan.com

Lets hope the top 3 all lose

Duke doesn't play until the 18th or 19th, and Michigan already won today. Duke is #1! I admire your hopeful outlook, though, and agree that when the world ends, I want SU to be on top! (Of what, I can't say.) Stay world! Go SU!

Duke doesn't play until the 18th or 19th, and Michigan already won today. Duke is #1! I admire your hopeful outlook, though, and agree that when the world ends, I want SU to be on top! (Of what, I can't say.) Stay world! Go SU!
Michigan plays tonight at 8

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Are you from the future?!!

;)

I wonder if that's why JB is holding off on a suspension for MCW -- I guess he'll be answering to St. Peter in just six short days.

What did michigan win by??? the line is 11...

I wonder if that's why JB is holding off on a suspension for MCW -- I guess he'll be answering to St. Peter in just six short days.

While we are at it I heard Cooney had a beer last weekend and JB will have him out 8 games to be disciplined.
And Fair was going to play PG but he was caught at a party where someone was caught smoking a joint and will also be out 6 games making Grant our PG and Keita our backup SG.

truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif

Are you from the future?!!

;)
Sometimes I know about 2 seconds before everyone else in the Dome when a 3 is going to go in, as evidenced by my lone screech just before the crowd erupts.

My apologies: I could have sworn a saw a scroll earlier today that said Michigan had won.

While we are at it I heard Cooney had a beer last weekend and JB will have him out 8 games to be disciplined.
And Fair was going to play PG but he was caught at a party where someone was caught smoking a joint and will also be out 6 games making Grant our PG and Keita our backup SG.

Can't believe people are joking about this as if it was jaywalking. He committed a crime. I know a lot of intelligent fans I spoke with at the Dome were sure he would sit tonight and were surprised, and even disappointed, that we turned a blind eye to a theft. No example was set, no point made, no statement made. Disturbing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can't believe people are joking about this as if it was jaywalking. He committed a crime. I know a lot of intelligent fans I spoke with at the Dome were sure he would sit tonight and were surprised, and even disappointed, that we turned a blind eye to a theft. No example was set, no point made, no statement made. Disturbing.

WAS HE CHARGED? WAS HE? No charge... no crime. Deal with it... its the American way. I find your level of contempt on things you know nothing about disturbing

Probably going to get slammed for this, but count me in as one who couldn't possibly give a crap. At the end of the day, I'm a fan of the basketball team. I knew a lot of athletes when I was on the hill. Many of them were morally despicable with women, were students in title only, and many were also just plain . But I still cheered like crazy come game-day. Sue me.

The fact is, with the exception of a select few on this board, we have no idea what kind of "kids" these guys are. And unless they're doing something that is just plain reprehensible and unconscionable, I couldn't really care less. I don't count mittens in a bag as either of the former. I root for our teams because it brings enjoyment to my life. The players personal lives, good and bad, is really just white noise for me - I have my own life and kids to worry about that stuff.

Perhaps I'm in the minority or a giant , but I'm just being honest.

Probably going to get slammed for this, but count me in as one who couldn't possibly give a crap. At the end of the day, I'm a fan of the basketball team. I knew a lot of athletes when I was on the hill. Many of them were morally despicable with women, were students in title only, and many were also just plain . But I still cheered like crazy come game-day. Sue me.

The fact is, with the exception of a select few on this board, we have no idea what kind of "kids" these guys are. And unless they're doing something that is just plain reprehensible and unconscionable, I couldn't really care less. I don't count mittens in a bag as either of the former. I root for our teams because it brings enjoyment to my life. The players personal lives, good and bad, is really just white noise for me - I have my own life and kids to worry about that stuff.

Agree 100000%. I want mcw to lead us to a national championship, he tried to steal a robe, I could care less. He didn't beat up his gf, he didn't drive drunk and get in an accident. He's gonna be in the nba next year no matter what, suspending him for a game or 2 ain't gonna make any difference.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

WAS HE CHARGED? WAS HE? No charge... no crime. Deal with it... its the American way. I find your level of contempt on things you know nothing about disturbing

Your fundamental misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime continues to disturb me.

No charge does not equal no crime.

If the kid didn't commit a crime, why did he pay $500 to the department store? Feeling generous?

I like your post and agree with it. I think I'm in your camp on most issues. What is slightly different, IMO, here is two things:

1) It seems like it could be a good thing for MCW to get a game suspension. Seems like basically a good enough dude, might just send the message that you have to think about your actions as a public figure and there are repercussions. It also doesn't punish his teammates b/c that game is most likely meaningless anyway.

2) PR wise I would think it would do wonders -- turn a negative into a positive. Whether MCW is a good guy or not he pulls the whole "I'm contrite and have really changed my ways!" routine. JB, who, let's face it, would probably be vehemently defending OJ right now if The Juice could play the point, gets to pretend like he actually cared about one of his kids acting like a dope. And the university gets to brag about how it's atheletes are truly student-athletes, yadda yadda yadda. Even Mike Waters gets to write a few fluff pieces on the maturation of a point guard. Doesn't everybody win in that scenario?

If the kid didn't commit a crime, why did he pay $500 to the department store? Feeling generous?

Is a parking ticket a crime worthy of multi-game suspension? That's also a penalty you pay when breaking a law.

Is a parking ticket a crime worthy of multi-game suspension? That's also a penalty you pay when breaking a law.

I'd draw a distinction between a violation and a crime. And surely there are distinctions to be drawn within those two categories, too.

First off, I can understand your point of view, and to a large degree it makes sense. Most of us will never know the players personally, and what they do or don't do in their personal lives does not affect us. In that regard I am inclined to cheer for them regardless of their off court behavior.

The difference is that as a parent I would want to be more than that to my son... and in a way a coach serves as parent or authority figure for athletes while they are away from home. What kind of people these athletes grow up to be will likely have little effect on our lives, but I hope that it has a much larger effect on the lives of the coaching staff. Idealistically, I hope that JB, Hop et. al care enough about what the players will become after their playing days are done, and try to mold them and promote the type of behavior that they would want their own children to exhibit. We all, want to win games, but if that is all we focus on as a program I would consider it a little selfish. I want us to win games, but I want the players that come through to become better athletes and better people in the process. Realistically in 10-15 years most of the players on the current squad will have concluded their basketball careers. At that point they would probably have another 40+ years left to live as normal members of society apart from the game of basketball. I hope that part of the focus of the program is to prepare the players for life with basketball and life without basketball.

With that being said, I really don’t know enough about the situation to know if JB’s punishment of lack thereof was the correct response of not. I simply hope that our program will focus on making the decisions that will truly benefit and equip the players to make the correct decisions in the long run.

First off, I can understand your point of view, and to a large degree it makes sense. Most of us will never know the players personally, and what they do or don't do in their personal lives does not affect us. In that regard I am inclined to cheer for them regardless of their off court behavior.

The difference is that as a parent I would want to be more than that to my son... and in a way a coach serves as parent or authority figure for athletes while they are away from home. What kind of people these athletes grow up to be will likely have little effect on our lives, but I hope that it has a much larger effect on the lives of the coaching staff. Idealistically, I hope that JB, Hop et. al care enough about what the players will become after their playing days are done, and try to mold them and promote the type of behavior that they would want their own children to exhibit. We all, want to win games, but if that is all we focus on as a program I would consider it a little selfish. I want us to win games, but I want the players that come through to become better athletes and better people in the process. Realistically in 10-15 years most of the players on the current squad will have concluded their basketball careers. At that point they would probably have another 40+ years left to live as normal members of society apart from the game of basketball. I hope that part of the focus of the program is to prepare the players for life with basketball and life without basketball.

With that being said, I really don’t know enough about the situation to know if JB’s punishment of lack thereof was the correct response of not. I simply hope that our program will focus on making the decisions that will truly benefit and equip the players to make the correct decisions in the long run.

Very nice post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom