Let's Make a Toast | Syracusefan.com

Let's Make a Toast

Orijinal

All Conference
I would like to start a new, annual tradition on this board. Every May from this year on out we will have the roster finalized for the Fall. This year, the deadline for players to announce transfer intentions was July 1. Since it's July 5th, I think we can safely say (I hope) we have the players in the fold who will be here for the upcoming season.

This is a day to celebrate the roster being locked in, and no longer worry about transfer announcements. We lost a few, yes. Tyrrell Richards, Lee Kpogba, Aaron Hackett, and Nykiem Johnson. But this is THE DEEPEST Syracuse football roster I can ever remember.

Some of the depth is due to the fact that so many players took advantage of their extra year of eligibility and came back for their final season at Cuse. To hold onto these players is a credit to the Syracuse football staff and Dino. Even without the Covid extra year allowance, I believe Dino has done an absolutely tremendous job making sure recruits get on campus and that there is depth behind the starters.

We can argue about talent all day, but no coach has done as much for roster depth as Dino. None. And that's going all the way back to coach P ...maybe beyond. Dino Babers has done a fantastic job recruiting in this department. I would also argue that the size and length of each player from 1st string to 4th string is beyond anything Syracuse has had in the past.

Anyway, here's to the 2021 Syracuse football team! Let's get ready to rock now, and maybe even surprise some people with what we can do!

Cheers

I still feel we may grab some guys from the portal which we will learn about during fall camp. Could be wrong but I do not think the staff has given up on getting another OT or G for the season. There are limited options but still feel they will be active.
Even though we have a lot of good lbs with the loss of kpogba and Richards I’m wondering if the staff would pull in an experienced lb for depth. Possible but staff may feel already have enough depth.

Looks like he is at a juco in Mississippi.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping he was going to make his way out of purgatory.

Is there a link to this information?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom