Let's make Otto Zaccardo a folk hero | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let's make Otto Zaccardo a folk hero

Oh idk. He’s the fastest back on the team. But certainly not at the front of the pecking order for sure. I’d like to see him get some garbage time carries in the Wagner or UConn games.

Wouldn't Adams be the fastest back on the team if he was clocked at a 4.42? I'm sure you're probably just referring to 2018 eligible backs.

I was mostly just offering a reason why The running game wouldn’t fall off a cliff if OZ got some carries. The claim was based on what I understand is going on up there this summer. Did Abdul run a 4.42? Idk. I couldn’t find a Nike verified time for him. Most guys aren’t quite as big or as strong or as fast as their recruiting profiles say. Doesn’t make them bad guys or mean they aren’t great players.i think all of the Rb’s have slightly different strengths and weaknesses.so like most things in life you can find a way to justify one decision or another ( this guy is faster, but that guy is stronger, but the 3rd guy is shiftier, etc). I just don’t think throwing the kid a few garbage time carries would be a huge drop off.

Just curious, but what is your connection to Otto? You're selling him really hard. Relative? Friend? From your hometown?

I figured there was some connection. There’s a good chance that he’ll get a chance on special teams. If he’s as fast as you say, maybe a role as a gunner is in his future. Getting snaps at RB might be tough. With 4 scholarship RBs (not including Elmore), seeing time in the backfield will be tough. I apologize if I’ve come across as anti-Otto. Im really not. I’m just trying to be realistic. We need as many talented walk ons as possible. Best of luck to him. I’ll be cheering hard if it happens.

How about the kid busts his balls day in and day out for the team, does every rep in the weight room, goes to every film session, and pays his own dime...

I get that his name carries some irony here at Syracuse, but I’d rather folks respect the time he puts in than make him a folk hero just because.
Yup...a real gym rat! Scrappy too from what I hear. ;)

I saw him in the spring game in 2017 and thought he did a nice job of finding holes and not running into the OL's back. The lack of depth may give him a chance.

565_20180803dnsufoot12.jpeg

if anyone could drop gifs in here it would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors