let's rank BE qbs in BE games (for bees) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

let's rank BE qbs in BE games (for bees)

how do you know what our system is?

it's hamstrung by nassib.

you think it's the system that holds marrone back from a running qb. I think it's that nassib fumbles way too much when he runs.

it's a big assumption that marrone doesn't want someone who can scramble

He's not that bad. Sure, he didn't make the jump this year, but we were 5-2 at one point, and the kid did engineer a handful of late game drives in those wins. That's one thing about Dave Rahme's season wrap up that I definitely take issue with. Nassib is the best quarterback we've had since McNabb. Sure, a couple guys have had a single season that was better, but to this point, Nassib has put together a better career than every guy since McNabb, including Nunes. I look at him as a Todd Philcox kind of QB, but with a much lesser team around him.

Don't forget that among the half of the defense that we didn't lose to graduation, we were without Chandler for half the season, and we were without lots of the key guys we had left to rely on on defense.

Plus Mackey at center blew up the O Line. Why we had to start him over some other kid with legitimate D-1 size, I still don't understand. I know Marrone loves Coach Mac, but is he willing to get fired out of stubbornly sticking with Mackey at center next year, if we're still not able to run the ball inside ?