Let's say HCDM is not offered an NFL job in the next five days | Syracusefan.com

Let's say HCDM is not offered an NFL job in the next five days

MassOrange

Walk On
Then what happens?

Is the next we hear from him a press conference announcing the extension?

Tough situation if he is going through these interviews and doesnt get the job. Damage control will need to be done whether he stays or goes. It will be easier if he stays, but by no means does that mean there wont need to be some spin to incoming recruits this year and in the future. It is great when you head coach gets NFL interest for recruits to see how strong they are, but interest and interviewing are two different animals IMO.

Strong interviewed at Tennessee. That seemed to end ok without any drama.

I think the announced extension is what made it end ok ... if Marrone stays (which I feel he will) and he signs a nice extension that makes both him and the University happy then I can see that being very good for SU.

Tough situation if he is going through these interviews and doesnt get the job. Damage control will need to be done whether he stays or goes. It will be easier if he stays, but by no means does that mean there wont need to be some spin to incoming recruits this year and in the future. It is great when you head coach gets NFL interest for recruits to see how strong they are, but interest and interviewing are two different animals IMO.
Depends on whether Marrone is dead-set on leaving, so that this becomes an annual dance. Didn't seem to hurt Schiano and his recruiting "efforts".

Strong also took his team to a BCS bowl win, that can offset some things when it comes to recruting. They also just played last night, you never know long term impact on recruiting until it plays itself out.

Then what happens?

Is the next we hear from him a press conference announcing the extension?

He gets announced as the Jets head coach next year when Rexy gets bounced

I'd much rather him stay, but if it's going to become a yearly song+dance, better for him and SU to move on.

I'd much rather him stay, but if it's going to become a yearly song+dance, better for him and SU to move on.
I disagree. As many others have commented, I believe we are at a tipping point as a program.

I believe, to maintain our program's momentum, it is imperative that HCDM coaches us through our first season in the ACC.

There were just so many positive things that happened in the last two months for this program.

At the start of this week, how sexy was Syracuse football looking?

Ending this season on a note as sour as HCDM leaving, regardless of who replaces him, would be a big blow to our momentum IMO.

Give us (at least) one more season, Doug.

Once we get Ebo and Allen and Laray on campus I'd be ok with him leaving... :cool:

When does the dead period for contacting recruits end?
Just because coaches can't initiate contact with recruits doesn't mean that recruits can't call the coaches. All recruits who are concerned have likely already called the coaches who recruited them.

Just because coaches can't initiate contact with recruits doesn't mean that recruits can't call the coaches. All recruits who are concerned have likely already called the coaches who recruited them.

for example, Malik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom