Let's talk about our former brethren. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let's talk about our former brethren.

There is no way JB is going to play all three of GTown, Nova and STJ every year in addition to the ACC schedule. More like one each year. He's not kicking cupcakes like Colgate, Cornell, and the Little Sisters of the Poor off the annual schedule.

He isn't gonna be the one making that decision for much longer.

Lets fly in some southern cupcakes where maybe some lower level syracuse-area kids got schollies to go play ball

My perfect scenario:

St. Johns every year - all at MSG (no games at the Dome)
Villanova every year - 1 year in Philly, the next year at MSG and rotate on that schedule
Georgetown every year - Alternate home courts
UConn (if not in ACC) - 1 year in CT, the next year at the Dome, the next year at MSG and rotate on that schedule

Flat out - we need games in Philly it is a high priority recruiting area that will be placed at risk by the move to the ACC. I also place a high value on getting us into MSG for at least 3 - 4 games per season.

Why would we not play Nova at the Dome? people are putting wayyy too much emphasis into us playing in MSG when we leave the BE.

How many games did we play there last year? 4, MSU, St. Johns (rd game), BET (you could argue STJ was close to a road game)
Year before? 3. UNC, Cal, BET (Georgetown).
Year before that? 5. St. Johns + big run in the BET which doesn't happen often

Take out the preseason/postseason tourneys and it was only the home games with STJ. Big East Tourney is a big loss, but why would we start moving our home games to MSG? We never did that in the past. I agree we need a presence there but if we continue to play tourneys there, and St. Johns, we'll pretty much only play one less game there a year. People need to relax about the Garden factor. Screw losing the home court advantage of the dome for the Garden.

GTown, SJU and Nova are the three no-brainers (I'm assuming UConn will wind up in the ACC, taking them out of the equation). Notre Dame is high on the list as well.

After that, I'm going to kinda go against the grain and say I'd love to see us continue to play Louisville and Marquette, though I'm a little hesitant to say Louisville because Pitino seems to own JB.

If Rutgers doesn't get into the ACC, them in the A. I never want to hear another word about that joke of a program.

JB has said we'll keep play Georgetown and the Johnnies and I believe him. I could see Nova scheduled 4 times a decade but would doubt JB has interest in scheduling UConn OCC, especially if Calhoun's still at the helm. Too many other big name teams he's wanted to schedule throughout the years but couldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom