Letter to PSU Football player | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Letter to PSU Football player

So, we need to keep quiet about racism and it will go away? Got it.
No of course not. But everyone is screaming racism about anything and everything.
bowl cuts?
Math?
Okay symbols?
Supporting Greta what’s her name shows white privilege?

every conversation goes to race. We cant ignore racism, but we shouldn’t make any up either.

regardless, if this letter was racially charged shame on this dude. I am not okay with this.

disgusting.gif

The letter shows how out of touch their fans are!

No of course not. But everyone is screaming racism about anything and everything.
bowl cuts?
Math?
Okay symbols?
Supporting Greta what’s her name shows white privilege?

every conversation goes to race. We cant ignore racism, but we shouldn’t make any up either.

regardless, if this letter was racially charged shame on this dude. I am not okay with this.
I just don't understand your purpose in defending this guy, who has been proven to be at minimum xenophobic (see his letter about muslims he wrote to the newspaper).

I just don't understand your purpose in defending this guy, who has been proven to be at minimum xenophobic (see his letter about muslims he wrote to the newspaper).
I can see why you’re saying that about me. All I can say is it is not the case. I’m not defending him, and I certainly took the conversation down another topic.
All good, and again the guy is a douche.

So, we need to keep quiet about racism and it will go away? Got it.
No. We need to stop inflaming a situation ...when many times there is no situation. Keep labeling people as something, and maybe they will just become that something

I'm not doubting it. He may very well be racist. I've just had enough of everything being labeled racist especially when it requires reading between the lines. If you see the word dreadlocks for instance and you immediately think racism, who's the racist? White people can have dreads.

We've gone over the edge with the fingerpointing, which is now almost as bad as the act itself. The "ok" symbol is now being called racist. I feel bad for white deaf people who have to use it for "nine" who will now be labeled racist. If someone decides the "hang loose" gesture will now mean "kill puppies", will we ban all surfers and Hawaiians from using it or suffer being called puppy killers?

Racism, in order to come to an end, also needs the finger pointing to go away.
Thank you

No. We need to stop inflaming a situation ...when many times there is no situation. Keep labeling people as something, and maybe they will just become that something

That’s not how racism works.

All I know is, there are good people on both sides.

Scott Adams has been debunking the "fine people" hoax since 2017... but it's still being used by people who prefer to be ignorant against Trump - because that's where we are politically in America in 2019. Truth is irrelevant - all that matters is weaponizing anything you can plausibly find against your opponents.

The hazard in "calling racism out" is that we're at a point where we dont extend any benefit of the doubt to people we view as our opponents - and the world is mostly grey with very little black and white. I think a world where we assume this guy is old and out of touch, and safely ignore his opinion is a far better one than this one where we have our Two Minutes Hate focused on him. This world where nobody is a fellow (flawed) citizen, everyone is Emmanuel Goldstein is dystopian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom