Levante Bellamy vs Jawhar Jordan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Levante Bellamy vs Jawhar Jordan

I don't recall saying that I did. I'm not even saying he needs to play now. I just said that IMO playing him at the slot would be wasting his running ability.

You don’t know that. If he is a poor running back and better in space, you’d put him in the slot and be happy. Erv did alright there.

Just trust the staff. They got it.

Bellamy is a built dude, Jawhar is much, much thinner. Sure, a couple of years with Edinger & Co will help, but they have different body types. To me, Bellamy can do it all... pound the A or B gaps, sweep it outside or be a pass catcher. He was serviceable in pass protection as well.

I'm pumped about Jordan's potential, but I think comparing the two based on the same HS scouting metrics is slightly deceiving. They are different players and running in different systems.
I agree and to be honest if we are going to keep pounding a gaps our entire career here with Dino we need a big 230 lb rob conrad type kid who is fast but can beat people up at the same time.

You know, I've only been on the board for a short time, but I've noticed you guys seem to think anyone/everyone can be bulked up and put on the D-Line. Have I got that right?
Nailed it. Fast skinny guys can come in and put on 130 pounds in less than a year, not lose any speed, and destroy everyone from the tackle and end positions. It's like science and stuff, really really good strength and conditioning guys do this all the time.

Nevermind that the dude is 5'9" with shoes on (psh!).

Slayton by the way as a true frosh started the season 4th string (according to wiki) and got PT in his 2nd game. Then got no carries his next two games. In game number 5 he got 11 carries for 90 yards against #11 VT. Started game #6 and rushed for 139. The rest is history.

That was the year Jason Colson fumbled 18 times against the GRob Steel Curtain in the 2005 opener.

Not surprising he got some PT in game 2.

That was the year Jason Colson fumbled 18 times against the GRob Steel Curtain in the 2005 opener.

Not surprising he got some PT in game 2.

Dome was so loud that game. The game of FGs. Crowd would get so juiced when the D would make a stop/turnover, then 3 & out or a FG.

The most exciting game of GRob's career, outside of beating ND in South Bend. Still cracks me up. Pound salt, Irish fans. You lost to lame duck GRob at HOME!!!

Probably doesnt mean anything but someone asked JJ Last night on his IG when we would see him play and I think he answered soon or something like that. It was on his story so it's not there anymore.

There’s obviously nothing meatheaded at all about putting a blazing fast weapon into space in the slot, usually with one man to beat.

Pretty sure that’s the opposite of a meathead approach.

All in theory of course as there is no indication how the staff b plans to use JJ.

Two words "blocking schemes". Anyone that isn't aware the importance Dino places on blocking need only watch last week's post match presser and listen to what he said about Hackett's emergence at TE much less prior comments about Moe or the WRs that play vs those that don't.

People really seem to under value Moe in this, and many other regards. In a season that, to date, has seen Tommy running for his life far too many times it'd be a bit of a gamble to potentially risk his well being even further by starting a true frosh the that may whiff on blocks. Additionally with our oline finally opening some holes last week the talent of our RB stable that has been in the system longer became more apperent.

I'm as hyped for JJ as anyone but what's ahead of him in the RB room is pretty damn special. His time will come will come but calling for him right now is akin to those calling for Tommy when Eric was still on campus. Sure the ceiling is higher but games 1-3 this year we would've looked better on offense with what we had at qb prior and in the RB room we still have that in abundance.

Somewhat related, do we have any updates on the status of the ankle health of the 7 WMU defenders Moe punked on that 18 yarder last week? Was vintage No Jackson tecmo super bowl on that play.

But, for God sakes get him on the field in some capacity, even if only to diversify the "run it up the middle" predictable run game.
somewhere in eastern Connecticut George Deleone is smiling.

He reminds me of Tony D. JJ is a weapon that opposing D's will have to account for. I can see him playing 4 potential positions.
RB
WR/Slot
Returns
Wild Cat

I would love the Wild Cat being added to our repertoire with JJ.

This kid is a game changer who i expect to see play significant snaps after his RS.

You don’t know that. If he is a poor running back and better in space, you’d put him in the slot and be happy. Erv did alright there.

Just trust the staff. They got it.
They don't always got it. Coaches make plenty of mistakes. They can be victims of group think as managers in any organization are

You know, I've only been on the board for a short time, but I've noticed you guys seem to think anyone/everyone can be bulked up and put on the D-Line. Have I got that right?
I'm reading this as a serious question, so I'll answer. There were a few guys that came in as LBs or DEs that have put on weight and moved to DT. So, some people started assessing body types of young players and saying something to the effect of, "He's got a frame that can carry more weigh. If he dedicates himself to the S&C program he could move inside and be a monster with his speed." Then it evolved from there.

Last edited:
He reminds me of Tony D. JJ is a weapon that opposing D's will have to account for. I can see him playing 4 potential positions.
RB
WR/Slot
Returns
Wild Cat

I would love the Wild Cat being added to our repertoire with JJ.

This kid is a game changer who i expect to see play significant snaps after his RS.

Any chance he qualifies as an outfielder? I could use one more in this final week push in fantasy baseball.

He was told he would get playing time for the Clemson game. So when that did not happen, I really thought W. Michigan. He had his helmet on all game. He was ready to go. I want to see him in. I am not opposed to the 4 game option mentioned above. But if he goes in and performs then that is off the table. As far as academics he comes from a really smart family His sister plans to become a Dr. He buckled down and took care of the 2 questionable courses without any drama. Probably more a function of the HS and how they presented the courses. A friend of my son in one of the best NJ high schools had the same issue. But kids went to Maryland as engineering majors with the same courses. NCAA...eh.