Class of 2025 - Liam Banks, Jr (GA) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 Liam Banks, Jr (GA) Attack

So he goes to HS in Georgia? But he plays club for HHH out of Philly? And there is a prominent, national club right in Atlanta that his father founded? Am i missing something here?

So he goes to HS in Georgia? But he plays club for HHH out of Philly? And there is a prominent, national club right in Atlanta that his father founded? Am i missing something here?
I may be wrong, but I believe his father is no longer involved with that club

The whole thing is confusing but I believe Liam banks jr is attending Ward Melville for the remainder of his HS career. His older sister, Ryann Banks, who is committed to the Orange for the ‘22 class attends HS in Georgia but also plays for HHH outta Philly.

How is this possible liam sr was just torching Princeton for an NCAA title just a few years ago?

liam had a great game which he worked incredibly hard to fine tune. Hope his son is even half as good. Dad is of my all time favorite su players to watch.

Anything?

Haven't heard anything here. I know NFL and IL have him as a 3 star attackmen but he was not given a write up by either. I would assume he has some offers but maybe looking for a bigger one that has not come in yet. Don't know what level of interest if any SU has, SU's track record recently with legacy's has surprisingly not been great. There is apparently still a lot of bad feelings with Colsey about the recruitment of his eldest son.

Haven't heard anything here. I know NFL and IL have him as a 3 star attackmen but he was not given a write up by either. I would assume he has some offers but maybe looking for a bigger one that has not come in yet. Don't know what level of interest if any SU has, SU's track record recently with legacy's has surprisingly not been great. There is apparently still a lot of bad feelings with Colsey about the recruitment of his eldest son.
Can think of a zillion local guys who we missed on that ended up killing it elsewhere, but with legacies is there anyone who we missed out on who then went on to dominate for another school? The closest I can think of recently is Archer at Hobart. I think he would have been a solid role player for us but not a total star. Who are these other legacy guys that we regret missing out on? Maybe I am forgetting someone obvious

Can think of a zillion local guys who we missed on that ended up killing it elsewhere, but with legacies is there anyone who we missed out on who then went on to dominate for another school? The closest I can think of recently is Archer at Hobart. I think he would have been a solid role player for us but not a total star. Who are these other legacy guys that we regret missing out on? Maybe I am forgetting someone obvious

Dominate, no, not that I can think of off hand. My comments were more overall, whether SU recruited them or not I think the last 4 or 5 legacies have gone elsewhere as D1 players.
SU did kick the tires on Archer but I don't believe ever offered.

Dominate, no, not that I can think of off hand. My comments were more overall, whether SU recruited them or not I think the last 4 or 5 legacies have gone elsewhere as D1 players.
SU did kick the tires on Archer but I don't believe ever offered.
If they are not elite guys then it is hard for me to disagree with the decision not to go after them. Even with the Colseys, recruiting a brother who you have no interest in because it might maybe lead to the other quality brother choosing Cuse is not necessarily a perfect strategy. We just had Curry and Seebold on the team and Liam Ferris was also a legacy recruit apparently. Have Bucktooth coming in next year. To me it is not a real concern unless they end up going off for another team, which has certainly happened with local talent. Maybe that does happen with Colsey but he could also have a new wave of elite recruits putting him further down the UVA bench each year. We will see.

Was Brady Pokorny (attackman from Darian) a legacy? If so I can't say I am familiar with the parent. He is going to Notre Dame and was a top 10 recruit last year. That's the only other recent one I can think of. Charlie Lockwood Jr is another but he's a class of '25.

Do we know why the staff didn't go harder after Ryan Colsey? My understanding is they chose to pursue Leo who was close to Spallina and played the same position, though I could be totally wrong. Hard to see how we've been burned by that. Yes, Syracuse eventually missed out on his brother who is a highly rated player, but left handed attack seems like a position in pretty good shape over the next couple years with Deere, Leo, Hiltz and Anderson.

I also feel like I've seen things that said Colsey's son really wanted to go to UVA ever since he was little? Not sure where I read that but pretty sure it's true. Also other schools miss out on legacies - Hopkins missed out on Jackson Morrill twice, and Josh Marcus the goalie committed to UNC. It happens

Roy Simmons Jr has famously said that each of his players owes Syracuse their first born son. While great in theory it's really hard to have that in reality. I think it is what it is.

The only question I have is, is the elder Banks still a heavy presence in recruiting? I know he ran LB3 for a while which was a successful team. I think he might run or be heavily involved in the big club team 4 HHH? I don't think they've sent a lot of kids to Syracuse, at least not in the most recent recruiting cycles. Would recruiting his kid help recruiting in other aspects? I'm sure there are many other posters much more up to date on this stuff. It's been something I've been meaning to ask on here.

Was Brady Pokorny (attackman from Darian) a legacy? If so I can't say I am familiar with the parent. He is going to Notre Dame and was a top 10 recruit last year. That's the only other recent one I can think of. Charlie Lockwood Jr is another but he's a class of '25.

Do we know why the staff didn't go harder after Ryan Colsey? My understanding is they chose to pursue Leo who was close to Spallina and played the same position, though I could be totally wrong. Hard to see how we've been burned by that. Yes, Syracuse eventually missed out on his brother who is a highly rated player, but left handed attack seems like a position in pretty good shape over the next couple years with Deere, Leo, Hiltz and Anderson.

I also feel like I've seen things that said Colsey's son really wanted to go to UVA ever since he was little? Not sure where I read that but pretty sure it's true. Also other schools miss out on legacies - Hopkins missed out on Jackson Morrill twice, and Josh Marcus the goalie committed to UNC. It happens

Roy Simmons Jr has famously said that each of his players owes Syracuse their first born son. While great in theory it's really hard to have that in reality. I think it is what it is.

The only question I have is, is the elder Banks still a heavy presence in recruiting? I know he ran LB3 for a while which was a successful team. I think he might run or be heavily involved in the big club team 4 HHH? I don't think they've sent a lot of kids to Syracuse, at least not in the most recent recruiting cycles. Would recruiting his kid help recruiting in other aspects? I'm sure there are many other posters much more up to date on this stuff. It's been something I've been meaning to ask on here.

I think there's some confusion in my original post. I was only pointing that SUs recent track record with D1 players who ware legacies hasn't been great in that they haven't ended up here. Not that its anything to be overly concerned about as I am not sure how many were actually recruits we went after. I think Doctah may have misunderstood what I was conveying.

Was Brady Pokorny (attackman from Darian) a legacy? If so I can't say I am familiar with the parent. He is going to Notre Dame and was a top 10 recruit last year.
His dad, Jason, was on the '88-91 teams. Brady is very good (started as a freshman iirc) and I think there are 2 other brothers who play in college.

I think there's some confusion in my original post. I was only pointing that SUs recent track record with D1 players who ware legacies hasn't been great in that they haven't ended up here. Not that its anything to be overly concerned about as I am not sure how many were actually recruits we went after. I think Doctah may have misunderstood what I was conveying.
Guilty as charged! Liam Banks I believe has helped us out on the recruiting front in the past so hopefully we have some success here

I see Liam at a lot of SU games his daughter is on the women’s team. Im pretty sure he had a lot to do with March winding up at SU they coached in GA together if I remember correctly

If they are not elite guys then it is hard for me to disagree with the decision not to go after them. Even with the Colseys, recruiting a brother who you have no interest in because it might maybe lead to the other quality brother choosing Cuse is not necessarily a perfect strategy. We just had Curry and Seebold on the team and Liam Ferris was also a legacy recruit apparently. Have Bucktooth coming in next year. To me it is not a real concern unless they end up going off for another team, which has certainly happened with local talent. Maybe that does happen with Colsey but he could also have a new wave of elite recruits putting him further down the UVA bench each year. We will see.
Word from the UVA fans on TheSabre who have been at practices/scrimmages is that Colsey has been one of the revelations of the fall, and is very likely going to be in the midfield rotation this season as a redshirt freshman. Time will tell but I always thought he was very underrated in the IL freshman rankings for the class of 2022.

IMG_4455.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom