Liberty Prediction Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Prediction Thread...

I don’t even know you anymore.
I’m a tad worried about you my friend
Here you mothas read this:;):p

Last edited:
They have a 4 year starter at QB coupled with a senior-laden Oline. That’s always a tough combo to beat, regardless of talent level. They likely won’t be phased by the moment. Just looking at their 2-deep, it appears they have a very experienced roster, looks like they’ll only start two underclassman. This will likely be a closer game than we all think. I hope our boys don’t overlook this team.

Edit: Also, QB’s nickname is “Buckshot” - this also concerns me. That name will be trending Twitter all week if they are able to pull off the upset.

Last edited:
Give me a break. Liberty played three good (none of them great or elite) teams last year, Army, Auburn and Virginia and only stayed within three touchdowns once, exactly three touchdowns to Virginia.

They have a new coach with a new system and that coach has been OUT for half of the pre-season.

Their talent level is above what you would expect for a team two years in the FBS, but they would likely be predicted LAST in every Power 5 conference with that talent (other than the B1G, thanks to Rutgers).

Will we steamroll them? Can't count on that. We're on the road. They'll have a big crowd. But the build-up of this team from some parties on this board is unreal and completely discounts Dino's ability to get our team ready to play.

The Robinson and Shafer eras have done tremendous damage to this fanbase that will apparently take multiple years for us to recover from.

Last edited:
Give me a break. Liberty played three good (none of them great or elite) teams last year, Army, Auburn and Virginia and only stayed within three touchdowns once, exactly three touchdowns to Virginia.

They have a new coach with a new system and that coach has been OUT for half of the pre-season.

There talent level is above what you would expect for a team two years in the FBS, but they would likely be predicted LAST in every Power 5 conference with that talent (other than the B1G, thanks to Rutgers).

Will we steamroll them? Can't count on that. We're on the road. They'll have a big crowd. But the build-up of this team from some parties on this board is unreal and completely discounts Dino's ability to get our team ready to play.

The Robinson and Shafer eras have done tremendous damage to this fanbase that will apparently take multiple years for us to recover from.

That’s more over the top than the posts that are being cautious about the game.

If our defense is as advertised then we should win this game by at least 28, however if we make silly turnovers and defense is sleeping who knows anything can happen. I hate that we are opening up on the road against a low profile school two years in a row, but it is what it is. I think this game will be closer then the experts think
Syracuse 34
Liberty 20
I will be at the game and i do not want to worry like i was last year in the second half at wmu.

If our defense is as advertised then we should win this game by at least 28, however if we make silly turnovers and defense is sleeping who knows anything can happen. I hate that we are opening up on the road against a low profile school two years in a row, but it is what it is. I think this game will be closer then the experts think
Syracuse 34
Liberty 20

A lot of that mess was on the coaches. Don't think they'll repeat that.

Here you mothas read this:
Just kidding with you, 'regular. :)

That’s more over the top than the posts that are being cautious about the game.
Perhaps, but keep in mind, the big names that keep on getting promoted as their big stars:

QB: Calvert (3000 yard passer 21 touchdowns)

Numbers against Army, Auburn, Virginia: 43-92 46.8% 535 yards 2 touchdowns 6 interceptions
Also below 55% completion percentage on the year 18 interceptions in total

RB: Hickson (1000 yard rusher 11 touchdowns)

Numbers against Army, Auburn, Virginia: 37 carries 142 yards 3.8 ypc 2 scores
Had solid game against UVA (26-93-2) but destroyed Norfolk state and Idaho State (39-233-4) for most of his stats.

WR: Gandy-Golden ( 70 receptions 1000 yard receiver 10 touchdowns)

Numbers against Army, Auburn, Virginia: 8 catches 93 yards 0 scores
Absolutely destroyed during a four game mid-season stretch against New Mexico, New Mexico State, Idaho State, and UMass (37-707-6)

DE: Lemonier (10 sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss)

Numbers against Army, Auburn, Virginia: 3 games 11 tackles 0 sacks, 0 tackles for loss
Had half of his sacks and tackles for loss numbers (6 sacks, 8 tfl) in two games against Idaho state and UMass.

Their D ranked 118 out of 130 despite playing a schedule ranked as low as 122 out of 130.

As for the influence of Freeze:

1. This is his first year at a new place. Remember how we had to be patient for our coach to install his playbook and it would start to click in three years with his own guys? Why do we ignore this kind of stuff for other teams' transitions? Now Freeze in year three? That's a different story because he IS a solid coach.

2. He hasn't been around to run things for half of their pre-season. This matters a lot. Hard to establish a culture the way you like it when you can't be there. I'm sure the assistants tried to keep it consistent, but how many assistants are really prepared to run practices?

3. As for the "win one for the Gipper" theory, well, they hardly know Freeze. He's a newcomer. George Gipp was a star for that team that the guys all knew and had spent years with. Not a good analogy for Freeze's particular situation.

And lastly: Malik Willis. If he's eligible he's definitely an elite athlete who can do some damage on the ground. Through the air he's 11-14 for 69 yards in two seasons. It's pretty clear Auburn didn't trust him to throw it down the field which makes his dual-threat ability pretty run heavy. I could definitely see him gashing a couple of long runs if he plays next Saturday, but he isn't quite at Lamar Jackson level, which he would need to elevate the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Not sure she ever posed in Playboy. She did have photos of her, in "compromising" poses with another woman, published by Penthouse. Hugh Hefner actually declined to purchase the photos, which were first offered to Playboy.

There was a Playboy Girls of the Big East issue in 1989 that featured some SU ladies. Does that count?!

IMO - we cant have dreams of 10-2 and an upset of Clemson and be worried about Liberty.

Cuse - 52
Liberty - 24 (late TD Score)

If liberty wins, I’ll give myself a 1 year ban from this place. That’s how confident I am:

Liberty will be a tough out but I feel better this year vs. last year's opening game at WMU.

Hugh Freeze, Syracuse Press Conference:

Unfortunately, I'm really impressed by this guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Liberty puts on a top shelf video production. I assume their Broadcast Journalism is strong like BYU's due to their televangelist programs.

SU really needs to solve the issue that you can't hear what question is being asked at Dino's pressers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom