Lighten the mood alittle | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lighten the mood alittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason when I read your post it really jumped out at me at actually caused some uneasiness... I agree that there are times when players and coaches drop meaningless and cliche' lines thanking God or Jesus for a win, I understand how that can be a cold bucket of water. However, to simply assume that faith is not a part of sports at all, as if walking on the court or the field some how nullifies it's validity for those who believe in it, I do not think is true either. I know Coach Bennett is a man of faith and know people who can attest to that fact. If his faith is as life altering and intertwined as he would claim it to be, it cannot be untwined from his livelihood (coaching) and honestly shouldn't be. I think you would see him giving praise and glory to Jesus in a loss as well. Here's an example of how sports is more then just winning and losing in a tangible way...
http://athletesinaction.org/your-call#.VqhRuLArJE4
Your article was good but was not a reflection of my point. I do understand that many players and coaches have a strong religious faith, usually Christian. But publicly crediting the Supreme Being for my team beating another team, saying it was divine will, don't like it.

He is a dreamboat, though.

Your article was good but was not a reflection of my point. I do understand that many players and coaches have a strong religious faith, usually Christian. But publicly crediting the Supreme Being for my team beating another team, saying it was divine will, don't like it.

He is a dreamboat, though.

Good point. I'm sure Jesus doesn't care who wins. What might be appropriate is that he (or anyone) give thanks for the opportunity to play...the players coming out of the game healthy...self discipline etc.

At any rate, Thursday can't get here quick enough.

Every time I watch the Virginia coach I am impressed. He never gets worked up on the sideline. And besides the fact he can coach, he also has to be one of the best looking coaches in D1 (George Clooney-esque).

tonyb3-21.jpg

George_Clooney-4_The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats_TIFF09_(cropped).jpg
Maybe he will fly you to the moon.

Can we actually focus on Syracuse basketball, this is childish and immature, and has zero bearing on Syracuse. Lets keep it professional here, we don't need stuff like that posted here.

This is Syracuse basketball here, if you want to post this childish rubbish post it in some other board.

4eva, your avatar should really be something SU basketball-related as opposed to an attractive actress. May I recommend a picture of JB Reafsnyder?

JB_Reafsnyder.jpg

All right, I was going to write a post about how I think he is a good coach and VERY handsome, but after one game I heard him giving all praise and glory to Jesus, and that was a cold bucket of water for me. Really? A coach is going to give thanks to Jesus on national television for winning? Who do the losers thank? Beelzebub?

But then I realized that my post would undoubtedly completely derail the thrust - ahem! - of the thread, so I thought better of it.

You know who you can thank.
I'll pass your message onto Coach Babers.

May I suggest a new candidate as JB's replacement? No way Kentucky would out recruit us with her doing in-homes.

images
upload_2016-1-27_14-25-21.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-27_12-55-53.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-27_12-55-53.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
tee1222 appears to have discovered a "Like All" button.
Mods gave me the button a while back under the promise it wouldn't be used for evil intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom