Likely date for ND's 2022 visit to the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Likely date for ND's 2022 visit to the Dome

Dude?!!!
You know the rule: no weddings during Football season!
Damn. I have one to go to in Wisconsin next fall. Better check the date right now! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I get married October 2nd, I have to be at this game no matter what.

Dude?!!!
You know the rule: no weddings during Football season!

So true. We got engaged in early August and didn’t want a long engagement. If you’re gonna do it, do it.

I looked at a calendar and told my bride to be the earliest we could get married was the weekend between the NFL conference championship games and the super bowl. That year they had a week off in between those games. If not then, we could do it anytime after the Super Bowl.

It’s not that I’m a crazy fan who couldn’t go a weekend without some football (although that would not be easy). It was that I wanted my bride to be the center of attention as the bride should be. I didn’t want people distracted by some great game that was tied in the fourth quarter.

We got married the weekend between the conference championship games and the super bowl. Still going strong 22 years later.

No weddings during football season. Do it for the bride.

I'm so excited to have ND in the Dome. The 2003 game was a blast (a total whiteout outside if I remember correctly). I'm just done with games at MetLife.

I had just moved to NYC from Southie and went to a bar to watch it. It was snowing pretty good in NYC that day too. The Walter Reyes show was fun to watch for sure.

*Did we turn a bowl down that year finishing 6-6?

I had just moved to NYC from Southie and went to a bar to watch it. It was snowing pretty good in NYC that day too. The Walter Reyes show was fun to watch for sure.

I could be wrong, but I think that was before every .500 team made a bowl game. There's no way we would have turned down an invite.

Didn't get an invite.

Didn't get an invite.

Just looked and saw we played only 12 games too? Was that normal. Everyone above us had 13

Team W L W L
Conf Overall
2003 Big East Conference football standings
No. 5 Miami (FL) $+ 61 112
West Virginia + 61 85
Pittsburgh 52 85
Virginia Tech 43 85
Boston College 34 85
Syracuse 25 66
Rutgers 25 57
Temple 07 111
  • $ – BCS representative as conference champion
  • + – Conference co-champions
Rankings from AP Poll

Just looked and saw we played only 12 games too? Was that normal. Everyone above us had 13

2003 Big East Conference football standings
ConfOverall
TeamWLWL
No. 5 Miami (FL) $+61112
West Virginia +6185
Pittsburgh5285
Virginia Tech4385
Boston College3485
Syracuse2566
Rutgers2557
Temple07111
  • $ – BCS representative as conference champion
  • + – Conference co-champions
Rankings from AP Poll
That Rutgers loss was a sign of things to come. It was horrific offense and inept special teams, and disappointment when we had an opportunity to get a bowl game.

Schiano had his scalp and was off and running on kids we used to get to fill depth and find the occasional gem out of.

No invite that year

I wonder how much the increase for tickets will be for that game on stubhub.

Everyone else went to a bowl.
Those were the days when there weren’t as any bowl slots available. The teams in the BE with better records took the available bowls and we were left without a place to play,

That game, between SU and a very bad RU team, was the infamous ‘wind bowl’. The wind was the MVP for RU. I believe RU recovered not one but two of their kickoffs by simply kicking them into the wind. They landed around the 30 yard line untouched and an RU player beat all the Syracuse players to the ball to take possession.

We had beaten RU 11 of the last 12 times we played them. As others have said, it was a huge win for Schiano and a major turning point for the Syracuse and Rutgers football programs.

A day that will live in infamy.

I think the SU players were so embarrassed and angry with their awful performance against Rutgers that they ended up beating a pretty good Notre Dame team pretty easily the following week.

Purdue is going to be pretty strong next year ...
Brohm should have good positioning on the coaching roulette wheel maybe they lose him.

Saterfield appears to be keeping his job though.