linebackers | Syracusefan.com

linebackers

RICuse44

Starter
I thought it was telling yesterday that when Spruill came in during the second half it was for Siriki. Looks like he was moved to the middle for the last 15 practices and potentially in the Spring with he and Arciniega duking it out then and in the fall along with Coker. This leaves Cam and Dyshawn (who I think is getting better and better) to flank him with Vigille and Kirkland backing up. Not sure where Washington ends up. The Spring should be interesting. That said, the best linebacker yesterday hands down was Siriki. He really did a great job in the second half of the year. Pretty remarkable for a kid from the Ivory Coast who is undersized for the position and has only been playing for 6 or 7 years. Great kid, great work ethic. He will be missed. Danny too. Great work on specials despite losing a starting position. No sulking or attitude.

Nice job by the staff letting Danny finish the game.

Cam was making plays all day.

I also think it will be Spruill who goes the back to the middle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Spruill if Argencia is not ready. If he is, I think he starts against a traditional offense.

If the Juco is ready he will man the middle if not i agree MS will be back inside

Arcininga has all the tools to be a very good MIKE here. His JUCO film is quite impressive -- size and instincts with above average athleticism to boot. My guess is Davis, Arciniga, and Spruill with Cam being the first off. Either way, it's great to finally see some damn depth on the roster.

Arcininga has all the tools to be a very good MIKE here. His JUCO film is quite impressive -- size and instincts with above average athleticism to boot. My guess is Davis, Arciniga, and Spruill with Cam being the first off. Either way, it's great to finally see some damn depth on the roster.

Amen to that!

My best guess is that they'll keep adjusting the lb's according to the style of offense they are playing. The guys that match up the best will get the most snaps and as for the middle, that'll be interesting and the spring game is only a few months away!

With the way offenses are now it's probably better to have a group of situational linebackers. You can go bigger against traditional power teams and go lighter/faster against the spread teams.

I'm really looking forward to the development of Vigille and Washington this spring and also see what this JUCO kid Kirkland can do.

Something that should not be overlooked with the play of our LBs this year is the coaching decision to let a popular ex-player go (Conley) and bring in Morrison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom