Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lineup

omg can't wait for the inevitable WHY IS GIRARD STILL IN WHILE THE BEST PG ON THE TEAM IS ON THE BENCH takes that are sure to come fast n furious

Hot take: If we’re seeing those posts it means Kadary is shooting like 30% from the floor but had 12 against somebody once, which leads to all the wannabe coaches swearing he’s really our best guard, based on pure hope and frustration.

Because if he’s actually good and ready, he’ll be playing.

omg can't wait for the inevitable WHY IS GIRARD STILL IN WHILE THE BEST PG ON THE TEAM IS ON THE BENCH takes that are sure to come fast n furious

Let's wait to see how things shake out on the practice court and in early games. Maybe Kadary is a difference maker as a lead guard, as Rothstein claims. Or maybe Rothstein's tweets are more of the usual hyperbole from him.

Time will tell.

I'm pretty intrigued to see JGIII play alongside a true lead guard who can set him up. Might maximize his capabilities as a shooter [like when GMac played WITH Edelin]. People get too hung up on labels -- Joe and Kadary could both handle, pass, and set up the offense. Whoever gets the ball, just get it and go. Doesn't matter which of them is the "point" or "shooting" guards.

Wish Buddy was a little better of a rebounder. Him as a de facto 3 -- maybe even playing with Griffin as another 3 -- would make for an intriguing small ball option.

Let's wait to see how things shake out on the practice court and in early games. Maybe Kadary is a difference maker as a lead guard, as Rothstein claims. Or maybe Rothstein's tweets are more of the usual hyperbole from him.

Time will tell.
Exactly RF. Let's see how things play out.

I find the "H0T Takes from wanna be coaches" comments above to be..."interesting."

I think - and obviously there is no way for anyone (staff and player's excluded) to "know" - that Kadary's skill set is something that we don't have on the current roster and haven't seen since Ennis. I also think that his skills will be evident to most, especially the wanna be coaches, once we see him on the court at this level.

That doesn't mean I think he is going to come in and displace JGIII at the PG spot. But I do think that the shooters, especially JG and Buddy and Griffin, will benefit from playing WITH Kadary. It will be fun to see how it plays out.

There’s no way Marek only plays 25. Id bump Sidibe up too.
In games that matter:

Girard - 31
Boeheim - 34
Griffen - 35
Marek - 37
Sidibe - 28
Richmond - 15
Guerrier - 20
This looks close to what I think it’ll be. I believe Girard is gonna lose minutes to Richmond as the season wears on because we really need a player who can attack the rim (we already have shooters). Girard probably averages 25 and Kadary 20. I think Griffin and Guerrier will be closer in minutes played. I’d say 30 for Griffin and 25 for Quincy.

I think Jesse Edwards or Frank Anselem could maybe get 5-8 mpg but probably not in many of the big games, barring Sid or a Marek foul trouble.

Yea idk how much time he will see with JG3 in front of him but Kadary is the type of player that makes things happen with the ball in his hands. So id assume we will see him at the point some but how much remains to be seen. I hope he's so good it makes it hard for JB to keep him sitting. Play the hot hand and give our guys some rest when needed. Would love to see a deep rotation but thats asking a awful lot. Good problems to have again though!

Girard was only a freshman last year and averaged 30mpg. Who’s to say Kadary can’t be an immediate PG contributor as a freshman? Once he learns the system and what’s expected of him, he and Girard could split time at PG like Triche and Scoop did.

JB managed to find minutes for Scoop, Triche and Rautins at guard and Scoop, Triche and Waiters after that. If Kadary is as talented as advertised and a quick learner, he could have an immediate impact.

JG3 can slide to 2 on occasion and KR plays point. Griff can also slide to 2 and either JG3 or KR at 1. KR, AG, BB can all slide to 3 for a few minutes. Still thin at PG IMO but have a lot of options and front court is in very good shape with alot of fouls to give.

Time will tell.

I'm pretty intrigued to see JGIII play alongside a true lead guard who can set him up. Might maximize his capabilities as a shooter [like when GMac played WITH Edelin]. People get too hung up on labels -- Joe and Kadary could both handle, pass, and set up the offense. Whoever gets the ball, just get it and go. Doesn't matter which of them is the "point" or "shooting" guards.

Wish Buddy was a little better of a rebounder. Him as a de facto 3 -- maybe even playing with Griffin as another 3 -- would make for an intriguing small ball option.
#norothsteinsinpractice
#keepthebloodintheball

Ditto.

Q will definitely get at least 20 mins a game, somehow, but Marek starts, and probably also still plays more 5 than any of us would prefer.

I'm not sure Marek at the 5 is as terrible with this roster given that Marek is a good offensive threat and it allows us to potentially have Guerrier/Griffin/Girard/Buddy and/or Kadary on the floor together. Not saying we want to live and die with that unit but it's different than Marek at the 5 due to pure necessity.

Assuming we have a season...

PG Girard 30 mins
SG Boeheim 35 mins
SF Griffin 30 mins
PF Marek 25 mins
C Sidibe 20 mins

Rotation
PF Guerrier 20 mins
SG/SF Richmond 15 mins
C Anselem 20 mins

Don’t see Braswell or Newton breaking into the rotation

Agree on Bras/Newton but think you're way low on Sidibe and way high on Anselem. Sidibe couldn't stay on the floor due to foul trouble this year and still played 24 mpg and a frosh big coming in and earning 20 is really, really rare. Just don't see that at all.

There’s no way Marek only plays 25. Id bump Sidibe up too.
In games that matter:

Girard - 31
Boeheim - 34
Griffen - 35
Marek - 37
Sidibe - 28
Richmond - 15
Guerrier - 20

I think this is right on as far as sidibe -- not sure people realize this but in his last six games last season Sidibe averaged 29 mins and in his last 9 games (even while fouling out in 11 minutes vs. L'ville) he averaged 26. I see him right around that 28 mark.

Marek is a bit high to me -- he has a tendency to get in foul trouble and even with few options last year he ended up at 33 minutes. I see him more in that neighborhood with Guerrier picking up the extra 4.

I also only care about games that matter. So I'd have:

Girard -- 31
Boeheim -- 34
Griffen -- 35
Marek -- 34
Sidibe -- 28
Richmond -- 15
Guerrier -- 20

One note on Kadary -- it's awesome that he's a playmaker but he still has to play defense (can be tough for all frosh) and prove that he can make plays without also creating a bunch of turnovers -- easier said than done.

JG3 can slide to 2 on occasion and KR plays point.
Buddy's not coming out of the game.

I'm setting the over under for minutes that Kadary and Joseph play together as the backcourt this season at 40 minutes.

Which of you degenerates wants action on this?

Buddy's not coming out of the game.

I'm setting the over under for minutes that Kadary and Joseph play together as the backcourt this season at 40 minutes.

Which of you degenerates wants action on this?
Me. I will take the under...

Interesting how quickly everyone seems ready to get JG3 on the pine. I hope Richmond is half as comfortable on the floor as a Frosh as JG3 was.

Interesting how quickly everyone seems ready to get JG3 on the pine. I hope Richmond is half as comfortable on the floor as a Frosh as JG3 was.
No one has been quick to put jg3 on the pine. I'm pretty sure the talk has been if kadary is as good as advertised then it would be nice to see JB manage them both. JG3 has earned his time and will continue to be a big time player for us...doesn't mean we should see any of our guys for 40 minutes a night! But JB gunna do what he thinks is best so it is what it is...guess we'll see how good kadary really is.

Agree on Bras/Newton but think you're way low on Sidibe and way high on Anselem. Sidibe couldn't stay on the floor due to foul trouble this year and still played 24 mpg and a frosh big coming in and earning 20 is really, really rare. Just don't see that at all.

I think this is right on as far as sidibe -- not sure people realize this but in his last six games last season Sidibe averaged 29 mins and in his last 9 games (even while fouling out in 11 minutes vs. L'ville) he averaged 26. I see him right around that 28 mark.

Marek is a bit high to me -- he has a tendency to get in foul trouble and even with few options last year he ended up at 33 minutes. I see him more in that neighborhood with Guerrier picking up the extra 4.

I also only care about games that matter. So I'd have:

Girard -- 31
Boeheim -- 34
Griffen -- 35
Marek -- 34
Sidibe -- 28
Richmond -- 15
Guerrier -- 20

One note on Kadary -- it's awesome that he's a playmaker but he still has to play defense (can be tough for all frosh) and prove that he can make plays without also creating a bunch of turnovers -- easier said than done.
Lot of variations on lineups if the season ever starts. I feel JB may put a bit more emphasis on defense considering we have several offensive weapons this year. We have no idea how well Griffin or Kadary can play defense yet. We do know it is not JG or Buddy's strength as of last year. They may improve considerably over the off season. We know Sidibe, Marek and Quincy can play defense. JB has to look for a better balance of offens and defense with his back three. Good experience all around. Best balance of offense and defense will determine the starting five (plus the mandatory senior respect).

Let's take this seriously for once.

Girard - 40 (unless Richmond bumps him, in which case Richmond goes 40)
Jackson - 40
Griffin - 40
Marek - 40
Sidibe - 25
Guerrier - 15
Jackson?

its the same story every offseason... last year the talk was guerrier was a one and done. i don't think he scored outside of the paint the entire year. offseason breeds optimism.

I'm not sure Marek at the 5 is as terrible with this roster given that Marek is a good offensive threat and it allows us to potentially have Guerrier/Griffin/Girard/Buddy and/or Kadary on the floor together. Not saying we want to live and die with that unit but it's different than Marek at the 5 due to pure necessity.
a lineup w Marek at the 5 this year *could* be absolutely lethal, at least in doses and against certain teams