Little Pablum | Syracusefan.com

Little Pablum

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Below is mix of direct info I received and also my interpretation on what I heard.

Coach Shafer had a Seniors Only Party last night as we saw from the picture. The kid's are so impressed with Mr. Hardnosed. Doug never had the kids over for something like this...a 180 departure. This staff will be a coach them hard, love them hard and build real relationships. Don't take that as a slam against FHCDM as he was an excellent coach too...just different.

It is obvious Coach Shafer is a college coach while Doug was a more distant CEO type of coach. All the scholarship kids are in Cuse for the summer taking classes, working out and bonding. Very unlikely we'll have too many academic casualties while Mr. Hardnosed is here. The downside is the kids don't get much chance to visit family and friends...but hopefully we'll have no Johnny Miller incidents. Mr. Hardnosed is tougher on this than Coach Marrone (doing summers in Cuse).

Anyways everyone expects it to be a two way battle at QB. Young Drew has a presence about him. Charley is going to have to come out firing in August or risk being the holder again for kicks. Vegas money sez it will be a battle between Drew and Terrel. I think the handwriting is on the wall for John Kinder. If he wants to play he needs to find a position other than QB. One kid to look out for: Josh Kirkland No one would be surprised if he starts. The kid is cat quick and very confident. I found out he chose Cuse over Kansas State. Linebackers look to be as much a strength as running backs. BTW, Luke Arciniega is a helluva player too and will be used heavily if not pushed for starter minutes.

I rate Cuse as a Buy! The Orange Kool-Aid is sweet and tells me 7 wins is my starting point.

P.S. getting anecdotal evidence that the Met Life Tix are starting to hit stride. The crowd will be much better than last year. Hoping Cuse fans can bring 25-30k. Penn State will have the crowd though as they are getting their groove back after last year's sh!tstorm. I say we are on target for 65-70k. The next few weeks are huge...encourage your friends to buy tickets.

Who would Kirkland supplant? Spruill? Please don't say Lynch as he's my favorite D player.

Who would Kirkland supplant? Spruill? Please don't say Lynch as he's my favorite D player.

It will be up to the coaches but I see a real battle between Davis/Kirkland. No inside info...just what I've gleaned and using my judgment.

There are going to be some huge battles...may the best player start and the other guy get lots of quality time. We need to exploit our depth.

Mmmm this Kool Aid is delicious :p Thanks for the info.

Fresh legs at linebacker is a wonderful situation. Without having any input from what Mark heard, I think they will all get minutes.

I don't think I have looked forward to a season this much in a long long time.

Mark you really think Kirkland could start over Davis? I would think Lynch if anybody? Wasn't there a story Davis is bulked up to 220lbs or so. Either way it's a good problem to have.

I don't think I have looked forward to a season this much in a long long time.

Mark you really think Kirkland could start over Davis? I would think Lynch if anybody? Wasn't there a story Davis is bulked up to 220lbs or so. Either way it's a good problem to have.

I don't think I've ever wished summer would end, but I'm just so pumped for the Penn State game and college football in general.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

It will be up to the coaches but I see a real battle between Davis/Kirkland. No inside info...just what I've gleaned and using my judgment.

There are going to be some huge battles...may the best player start and the other guy get lots of quality time. We need to exploit our depth.

I don't want to be "that guy" who suggests that player X could play somewhere other than his listed position. But...I wonder if Kirkland could play SS? If he cant play SS, and he is too good not to be on the field, he will likely be in the Okie package somewhere.

Kirkland delivered some incredible hits in spring game. He made me turn my head towards him several times

Penn State will have the crowd though as they are getting their groove back after last year's sh!tstorm.

What happened last year? Did we have any threads about this I could do some reading about?

Thanks for the info. Mark, good stuff.

Coach Shafer had a Seniors Only Party last night as we saw from the picture. The kid's are so impressed with Mr. Hardnosed. Doug never had the kids over for something like this...a 180 departure. This staff will be a coach them hard, love them hard and build real relationships. Don't take that as a slam against FHCDM as he was an excellent coach too...just different.
I was so excited when I saw this picture pop up last night on Twitter. I think it really speaks volumes about the family atmosphere that HCSS is creating. I don't know exactly how it will translate on the field, but I do know that teams that are closer tend to weather adversity better. I also think it really aids in recruiting.

Great to see. And thanks for the tidbits. GO Orange!

Maybe put F A M I L Y on the back of our jerseys :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Forget About Me I Love You

Could only happen in New Brunswick. Perhaps...the most lame team-building exercise in college sports history.

If our defense is legit, they dont have a QB and either Jerome Smith or PTG gets hot, we're in business

What happened last year? Did we have any threads about this I could do some reading about?

Thanks for the info. Mark, good stuff.

Yeah just Google Jerry, kids, Penn State, showers

I don't want to be "that guy" who suggests that player X could play somewhere other than his listed position. But...I wonder if Kirkland could play SS? If he cant play SS, and he is too good not to be on the field, he will likely be in the Okie package somewhere.

I spoke to Kirkland briefly at the spring game. He seemed very happy to be at Syracuse and was very polite and respectful to both my son and myself. Hopefully he gets that crap out of the way off the field so he can be in beast mode when he gets between the lines!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom