little stuff... | Syracusefan.com

little stuff...

BillSU

All American
only one basket, a 3 from the corner that was really very big. During the course of the second half Jalen Carey went high to block a three and hit a three from the left corner at crunch time that had trouble finding its way into the basket but did. That combined with four assists giving one to Pascal Chukwu who dropped the ball into the basket. He's learning how to run the offense - he's not the guy yet, Howard is. Still learning but he's going to be great. GOSU

It's obviously great to have several strong and diverse options at the point this season. But Carey is still a freshman, and will understandably giveth and taketh away, as we saw yesterday. Those on this board who want to hand him the keys and throw Howard under the bus are misguided.

Last edited:
It's obviously great to have several strong and diverse options at the point this season. But Carey is still a freshman, and will understandedly giveth and taketh away, as we saw yesterday. Those on this board who want to hand him the keys and throw Howard under the bus are misguided.
Same fans that were throwing Dungey under the bus after the NC game.

Maybe not the same fans, but the same kind for sure.

Yup. We played better when he was in the game pushing though. This plodding stuff has to stop.

We did however can thank the Hoyas for that too. They chucked away in the second half giving us loads of possessions to push the ball. At least we took advantage.

I am one of the Td should start guys but only because I truly thought Ed was hurt. He wasn’t confident in himself and he knew it. No biggy as he made a miraculous start at NCST. Love the kid but it looked like he was hurt.

Yup. We played better when he was in the game pushing though. This plodding stuff has to stop.
The plodding is because we have no big that represents even a minute scoring threat. Look at G town big. I give my best horse to have a big like him.

The more I see him play, the more I realize how freakish his athleticism is. The rebounds he gets are from jumping above the reach of 6'9" guys. That block was sick. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon. And his qucikness into the lane - which is usually followed by a nice feed somebody in a better position is also impressive.

The more I see him play, the more I realize how freakish his athleticism is. The rebounds he gets are from jumping above the reach of 6'9" guys. That block was sick. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon. And his qucikness into the lane - which is usually followed by a nice feed somebody in a better position is also impressive.

He has Westbrook like athleticism. When he figures out things in terms of finishing and scoring overall look out. His speed is ahead of coordination when he attacks the rim. Hopefully he figures that out this year because if he does we will be a different team.

It's obviously great to have several strong and diverse options at the point this season. But Carey is still a freshman, and will understandably giveth and taketh away, as we saw yesterday. Those on this board who want to hand him the keys and throw Howard under the bus are misguided.

Yeah. It’s a good thing that we have both of them. Having a senior PG as well as a supremely talented freshman that can play both guards spots is a great thing. They can both play better. If they do, we could have the team we were hoping for.

He has Westbrook like athleticism. When he figures out things in terms of finishing and scoring overall look out. His speed is ahead of coordination when he attacks the rim. Hopefully he figures that out this year because if he does we will be a different team.
Good Lord I hope he doesn't grow into a Westbrook like mentality though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom