little tidbits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

little tidbits

didnt hear really anything on the WR's..the only thing that was said about any of them was "jarrods a keeper" outside of that not a peep. so i dont know if that meant the rest werent anything great or if it just was a statement about jarrod

If you look at our recruiting (both at the end of last year, and at the beginning of this year), you'll notice the new coaching staff was going after WR's which I'm pretty sure means they weren't enamored with the ones on the roster.

And to be quite frank, I can't say I am either. A lot to prove all around.

Im not sure i get all the hype about what Reyes produced . he had a nice career and some really good stats. but to me he was really a function of scheme over talent. he was really a one hole runner at a time that we ran the power sweep really well.

Im not sure i get all the hype about what Reyes produced . he had a nice career and some really good stats. but to me he was really a function of scheme over talent. he was really a one hole runner at a time that we ran the power sweep really well.

Maybe it has something to do with being the 2nd leading rusher in SU history. The list with Morris, Davis, Brown, Csonka, Little, Carter...on it. If you don't buy the rushing stats, how about highest yards per carry (minimum of 200 carries)? Reyes is 4th on that last, with 5.5 per carry. Behind only Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and Rob Drummond.

Maybe it has something to do with being the 2nd leading rusher in SU history. The list with Morris, Davis, Brown, Csonka, Little, Carter...on it. If you don't buy the rushing stats, how about highest yards per carry (minimum of 200 carries)? Reyes is 4th on that last, with 5.5 per carry. Behind only Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and Rob Drummond.

Reyes was on some bad teams, with the only winning season coming his freshman year where he got very little time.

I think if our teams were better during his tenure, he would have been thought of in a better light. Also, he and Rhodes were basically 1-1A his sophomore and senior years. Rhodes actually got more carries in 2004.

Not saying he wasn't a very good player. And he did have some big-time games. But I wouldn't put him in the class of Morris/Davis/Brown/Csonka.

He scored a lot of TD's too didn't he? He's clearly a top 10 back on SU history... And we have a darn good history.

And everyone was stacking the line on us...

Reyes was on some bad teams, with the only winning season coming his freshman year where he got very little time.

I think if our teams were better during his tenure, he would have been thought of in a better light. Also, he and Rhodes were basically 1-1A his sophomore and senior years. Rhodes actually got more carries in 2004.

Not saying he wasn't a very good player. And he did have some big-time games. But I wouldn't put him in the class of Morris/Davis/Brown/Csonka.

There are not many in the history of the NFL in that class you listed. The point is, there is no denying Reyes productivity in his college career at SU.

About Drew Allen, did it sound like him starting was more because of how good he is or how weak the competition is?

i dont deny he was a productive back.. he had a bunch of really long runs and scored TD's. If you look at the running style he was limited and really he was a home run hitter, he rarely made anyone miss, didnt really get any extra yards after the first contact.

Unfortunately graduating doesn't mean he got a qualifying score on his SATs/ACTs.

EDIT: I don't know his situation don't read into this.

I don't try to read anything into twitter, but he did tweet this..

BRIS #⃣2⃣0⃣@BALL_CHILL129 Apr
Act scores been good to go...

And you made me work way too hard to find that..kid is a prolific tweeter.

About Drew Allen, did it sound like him starting was more because of how good he is or how weak the competition is?
more about how good he is

I'm pulling this out of thin air, but I suspect it may be a little of Column A and a little of Column B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom