Live From the Verizon Center | Syracusefan.com

Live From the Verizon Center

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
In a mostly empty arena right now. I think there are going to be roughly the same number of fans at the first game for Marquette and Miami, which shocked me. In their BE days, you might see one or two UM fans at the BET, but I always assumed they were not Cane fans; just people who lost a bet.

There are a ton of Syracuse people around, but I am about the only one who has ventured in so far. No beer sales for NCAA games = really late arriving Cuse fans.

Despite their relative lack of fans, I think that Marquette is going to get a lot of crowd support, as IU and SU fans will support the underdog. SU fans would have support Marquette anyway of course...

Security high in DC. Lots if signs and PA announcements about looking for 'something' and looking officials know if you see it.

The White House and Washington Monument are only 8 or 9 blocks from the arena, it is an easy walk for someone looking to walk off some excess nervous energy.

Based on what I have seen so far, I think the crowd breakdown is roughly SU 40%, IU 25%, MU 10%, UM 10%. The Indiana fans I have talked to have been courteous, friendly and trash talk has been strangely absent. They seem...nice. Even the two guys with the IU warm up red and white striped pants.

Always like talking with Marquette fans, they seem to have a lot in common with us and we get along well.

Really a tough matchup for us. Hoping this Syracuse team has one more great effort in them, because mediocre is not going to do it tonight.

War Damn Otto! Go Cuse!

Wish I was there. Love watching the games and boy is that place empty. Will miss getting pushed, shoved and moving constantly to let the waitstaff though at Clydes with everyone. Seriously I will.

I have two actual live Marquette fans beside me! Shocking. The UM fans behind us are apoplectic

My God, Marquette is blowing Miami away! Anyway, Tom, thank you for doing these updates! I look forward to reading them when I get home, whether we win or...... (tremulous lower lip) lose.

I think the question: would you rather SU play Marquette or Miami? has been answered.

I think the question: would you rather SU play Marquette or Miami? has been answered.

No way Marquette matches this shooting performance on Saturday. Won't happen. We need to win tonight. Period.

More Marquette fans than I would have expected. Large contingent in the upper corner making the most noise. I think they have more than Miami.

I'm sitting among several IU fans. That's not going to be fun.

Wish I was there. Love watching the games and boy is that place empty. Will miss getting pushed, shoved and moving constantly to let the waitstaff though at Clydes with everyone. Seriously I will.

They break up the school's ticket sections into quadrants that cover the lower bowl. Indiana's section happened to be behind the Marquette bench, and lot's of those folks didn't show up until the 2nd half. With IU losing I expect to see lots of Orange in that section on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom