Liverpool 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Liverpool 2019

OrangeFoo

All American
Calling all Liverpool fans... I'll give the obligatory I didn't see a thread for this but feel free to merge PSA.

How are we feeling about this season? I'm predicting a top two finish this year, but Liverpool will be closer to third than first.

I think Klopp and team made a strategic error in not investing in improving the squad. I don't buy the whole "who's available to buy the would have made an impact" line... Wijnaldum runs hot and cold, there is no LB cover, TAA, while great still is very inconsistent, I think while there is cover for the front 3, there is a pretty steep drop off in production. While I think Keita, Ox, Brewster, Shaqiri all have talent and are great players in their own right, they don't provide the same impact on the goal sheet the starting guys do. Then there is Origi who scores goals in bunches but offers little else if he's not scoring goals. And we still haven't found anyone who can unlock a packed defense or provide that bit off vision or magic who can change how Liverpool play. There was and is definitely room for another elite attacking winger or forward or midfielder. Additionally as pundits have pointed out, Liverpool had almost everything go their way and still lost out by one point. We already have two injuries to Allisson and Keita... my guess is there will be more as these guys have played a ton of football.

Also Tottenham and ManU have gotten significantly better. I think Liverpool is better than those two, but the gap isn't as wide as it was last year. Man City gets KDB back at full powers and adds Rodri and the fullback from Italy... their only concern is that their CBs are probably a bit dodgy especially with Kompany heading back home. But very few teams will be able to find their way through their midfield to actually expose their CBs.

Liverpool should have taken back Coutinho and found a young fullback to deputize for Robertson... I think they should have sold Wijnaldum and brought in Bruno Fernandes to shore up the midfield. I do think the backup for the front three is tough... the pickings there were slim this offseason. Arsenal can have Pepe...

Looking forward to the Supercup today... I think Chelsea shock Liverpool.

I was bummed to see Pulisic didn't join Liverpool. I knew Arsenal wouldn't make a strong play for him so hoped for his benefit he would go there. Just so much swirling around Chelsea.

Gunners aren't going to threaten up top again from my view so I really think it's a two horse race with maybe Man U getting a decent shot. We will see.

I was bummed to see Pulisic didn't join Liverpool. I knew Arsenal wouldn't make a strong play for him so hoped for his benefit he would go there. Just so much swirling around Chelsea.

Gunners aren't going to threaten up top again from my view so I really think it's a two horse race with maybe Man U getting a decent shot. We will see.
Cheering on Chelsea... makes me feel dirty and want to take a shower after.

I might be the only one, but while Pulisic was on the field I was actually cheering him on and I'm a Liverpool fan. I guess that's a sign of country over club from a fan support perspective.

I so wish his goal had counted... the longer he takes to break his duck the more pressure he will put on himself. If he can get stronger I can see him turn into a Hazard-like player... he'll probably never be as good as Hazard who is top 5 in the world but he might get to that top 25-50 range.

Cheering on Chelsea... makes me feel dirty and want to take a shower after.

I might be the only one, but while Pulisic was on the field I was actually cheering him on and I'm a Liverpool fan. I guess that's a sign of country over club from a fan support perspective.

I so wish his goal had counted... the longer he takes to break his duck the more pressure he will put on himself. If he can get stronger I can see him turn into a Hazard-like player... he'll probably never be as good as Hazard who is top 5 in the world but he might get to that top 25-50 range.

Yeah as an Arsenal fan it felt dirty. That said it's just awesome to see a US player and a PA kid none the less have such a chance. Have to root for him to succeed.

That said and don't want to get off topic- but it would really suck if the USMNT couldn't get ducks in a row and a strong side to leverage this kids talent to more international success.

Yeah as an Arsenal fan it felt dirty. That said it's just awesome to see a US player and a PA kid none the less have such a chance. Have to root for him to succeed.

That said and don't want to get off topic- but it would really suck if the USMNT couldn't get ducks in a row and a strong side to leverage this kids talent to more international success.
My fear is Berhalter is going to call in the same mediocre mls players he always has. The fact that he wanted to Adams at RB is idiotic. I hope he caps the kid at Ajax before the Dutch reach out.

There is talent... not sure the coaching or strategy is there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom